Feature requests

1. Support for Cinema 4d

Support for Cinema 4Ds Projectfiles would be awesome!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Naming / Tagging for screenshots within a project

It would be great, if I could be able to group screenshots based on the projects that are opened. I often switch Projects in Cinema 4d and I would like to be able to make a timelapse video based on a single project.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why the software does not detect the use of Cinema 4D ".C4d" files?

why the software does not detect the use of Cinema 4D ".C4d" files?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MiTel (aka ShoreTel) phone plugin to track call activity. Google Voice call activity would also be helpful.

MiTel (aka ShoreTel) phone plugin to track call activity. Google Voice call activity would also be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Additional Rounding for Save Tags as Timesheet Task in FreshBooks

In the Save Tags as Timesheet Task in FreshBooks window, there is not an option to round to 6 minutes (or 0.1 HR). Having that option to export tags to FreshBooks would mean not having to further edit in FreshBooks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User interface simplification

Please make ui more understandable and simple. It's hard to use.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Selective Server Sync (Employee Privacy enhancement)

Currently an employee, working from home, tags all their time in ManicTime. But its currently an all or nothing approach when it comes to syncing to the server.

Instead .. have an indicator bar on the top of the timelines that shows which segments are to be sync'd to the Server ... an employee selects time on any timeline .. right-clicks and chooses "Submit to Server" .. then that time segment is sync'd to the server based on the server settings of 'what to sync" (E.g. sync everything or specific timelines)

This allows employees to keep track of their time…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How color is chosen: sub-tag could mix a new colour with parent tag colour

To make it easier at a glance to see what you've been working on I would like sub-tag colours to relate to the parent tag. do do this I usually manually pick a colour in the same part of the spectrum as the parent tag, but I think it would work just as well to 50% 50% mix a new random colour with the parent colour.

This could be the method of generating the default colour when you 'skip' a parent tag colour, then you can over-ride it as per usual.

Perhaps the percentage should be 70-30 or something else,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate with AndCo

We'd like to ditch Freshbooks for AndCo, but are invested in ManicTime

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. untagged

I love the new "Untagged Time" tab. I think one small improvement could make it more useful. It is currently based on a percentage of active time, but on days when I am away from my desk or if manic time was not running, it would appear to have been fully tagged for the day when it really wasn't. Feature: could the bars be based on a percent of a set number of hours or have a horizontal line indicating the set number of hours? Additionally, could the goal be easily adjustable or set by the calendar month, as my…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want to analyze the number of times and time of the folder movement, the arrival time up to the target mail history, and improve and compare the data.

Please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scroll through screenshots

As far as I can tell, you can only show screenshots either by hovering over the timeline or hovering over the left panel. I'd like to be able to highlight an item on the left panel and have the screenshot appear, and then, if you scroll down using arrow keys, the screenshot of the highlighted row shows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Removal of Jira support on free version

I understand that you decide which features are supported in the free version, but I do not think it is fair to remove a feature that was working fine (integration with Jira) when I do a software update, without any warning.
    What is the last version that supports this feature on how can I downgrade ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copying and merging DB of day time sheet

With Covid-19 lockdowns, I have been working on my machine at home. Is there is simple way to extract the data base information for the daily sheets into a file that I can carry into my work, and merge with my main machine's data? Neither machine will be "on" unless the other is "off". I don't think that the "server" solution will help me. The KB articles suggest that the data is not combined when it is transferred. It suggests if transfer is used, the existing data will be over-written.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support Wavebox (Chromium-based browser) for "document" timeline

I am using a browser called Wavebox for multi-session, tabbed based browsing and it is Chromium-based. It is only tracked as an application with page titles but it is as useful as "document" (website tracking).

As a hotfix I wrote a user-script to add the page URL to the page title to help with autotags, but I am missing other features available with "document" timeline/websites.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt

A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt through them manually

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable tracking for the weekend/till Monday

Hi

I'd like to have the option to pause Manictime from tracking by right clicking on the taskbar tray icon.

We currently have the option to pause for:
    - 15 minutes,
    - 1 hour,
    - till tomorrow
    - till manually enabled again.

I think that "Pause till Monday" will be a nice extra option to have to disable tracking during the weekend.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. All child windows to be grouped under the parent application

In my firm, we use software that creates child windows that take up a serious amount of time during work hours. Unfortunately, manictime just shows them with the window_name (eg. Options, settings etc) that has no value to the manager.

It would be absolutely wonderful if all these child windows could be group under a single parent app and the time shown would correspond to the total time spent to the parent application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base