Feature requests

1. Deleteable filter dropdown history

Currently the search/ history filter dropdown will preserve any entered items. This is a big privacy risk, as it reveals exactly the items the user might want to remove from the timeline. There should be an option to either turn off the dropdown history, or clear the saved list of items at any time.
    This would be probably a minor task to accomplish, and would result in a great increase in privacy.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reports including start and end times

ManicTime is the only automatic time tracking program that meets all of my needs, except one. As a Behavior Analyst, I bill Medicaid and other government funded services, which require that I show the start and end times of my service on a spreadsheet. What I have to do is go back and transfer my times into a spreadsheet. ManicTime makes this easier than other services but this still takes time to do so for each client.

I know, given that most time tracking programs don't offer this option, most users only need total hours. Still, I am adding it…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Asana Integration

Integrate manic time with Asana so time tracking on each project can be uploaded.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Moves app" timeline should have a link to google maps

The "moves app" timeline really should have an option to open in Google Maps when right-clicking on a location. Right now I have to do a bunch of copying and pasting and trimming to do this.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a single practitioner and have multiple clients as do many. The problem for me is that when it comes to Billing Invoices I have not fou

As a single practitioner with multiple clients I would like to be able to create a time chart for individual clients which I could attach to my Invoice to show them the time accrued to them. Is there any way that I can create separate Invoices over a month or more time for individual clients ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable saveing thumbnails of screenshots

At me, thumbnails need about 40-50 percent of diskspace.
    So it should be possible to disable generation of thumbnails.

And MaincTime should ignore missing thumbnails (*_thumbnail.jpg)
    If I delete thumbnails manualy, many exceptions in errors.log generated

2017-06-23 01:48:19.751 E 2624 9 35543166 Exception {"errorType":"System.IO.FileNotFoundException","message":"Die Datei "C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Finkit\ManicTime\Screenshots\2016-11-11\2016-11-1100-13-03thumbnail.jpg" konnte nicht gefunden werden.","stackTrace":" bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r\n bei System.IO.FileInfo.getLength()\r\n bei Finkit.ManicTime.Common.Plugins.Timelines.Screenshots.CaptureFile.GetFileSize(String filePath)","data":{}}

And ManicTime Tracker needs alot of cpu load.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Manic time Skype call plugin for skype preview app

The new Skype app for windows 10 is nice. but am forced to use the old desktop version as the skype calls plugin works only with the desktop version. It would be great if the plugin works for the new app too

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remember "periodically check if I am still working on this" settings

I use the above mentioned feature of the stopwatch every time, and I set it to remind me every 5 minutes. It would be useful if ManicTime remembered the state of the checkbox and how many minutes specified, then defaulted to that instead of 30 minutes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option in JIRA 'Save Work' dialog to consolidate entries before sending

I have just started using the JIRA plugin, and it's very impressive! One thing I think would be a great enhancement would be if there were some consolidation options in the 'Save Work' dialog box.

At a minimum, it would be great if multiple timelogs on the same date with the same "notes" could be combined into one before being sent to JIRA.

Another option which would be great would be if all timelogs on the same date for the same issue could be combined into a single entry - with all the notes concatenated together.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Brave Browser

I just switched to using the Brave Browser because Google Chrome is a resource hog. Brave doesn't show any screenshots in the Professional version of ManicTime.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable password popup after coming back from away

I'd like to disable the password protection popup after becoming active from away. Reason: In a company environment, the program can be used in a rogue-like fashion. Currently the password protection popup prevents the program from truly being hidden.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. manual tagging should override auto-tags

Currently, the manual tag will be copied over to auto-tag (by setting), and count in the timesheet, but it will also count the auto-tag, which cannot be removed. This in turn leads to potentially more than 24 hours per day on the timesheet, which is quite wrong.

Auto-tag should be automatically overridden by manual tag, or at least be removable individually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. minimum amount of time before recording

I'd like to change the minimum amount of time that the application starts recording at. It is currently set at 5 seconds before it records, but id like to change it to 10 seconds before it records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A bug about recording "Form1.Designer.cs"

[Bug Report]
    When I edited the "View Designer" in Visual Studio(C#),I noticed that it was "Form1.cs" rather than "Form1.Designer.cs" that was recorded in the "documents timeline" of Manic Time.But in fact,the "View Designer" is editing "Form1.Designer.cs".So the record is wrong.
    By the way,thank you for providing the free version!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update plugin samples for version 3.7

I want to retrieve data from ManicTime using Tag Source plugin & then find some data patterns using Machine Learning.
    Currently this sample doesn't work. Please provide working sample for latest ManicTime.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add 'Remember selection' option in the dialog 'New tags conflict with existing tags'

If during the day I copy the autotags to tags multiple times, this dialog pops up and I need to select 'Fill only untagged time'.

It would be great if the dialog had a checkbox called 'Do not ask again' or something similar which remembers the selected option so next time it automatically picks it.

Thanks,
    Cosmin

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save to Jira | Filter by Tag(s) | Save from filtered Timesheet

Hi, I am continuing to really appreciate ManicTime application and I use it every single day.

One thing that I run into that would make life just a little easier is if there was a way to filter the tags that will be included when saving to JIRA.

This come into play when I need to do milestone or mid-month billing for some clients, but not all. I would then focus on getting all the tags sorted for the one project but not necessary have time to do all the projects.

In this situation I would want to filter on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Advanced Search - Remain Open Option

The 'Advanced Search' Window should have the option for it to remain open after you select an item it found.

This would be useful when you are exploring your timeline - looking for a specific event, and are trying to isolate it from a number of search results.

Currently the window closes and you have to reopen, restart the search and find your context all over again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Application log should include the skype addresses of people contacted in a Skype call or text

The log currently shows Skype as the application but not who the Skype call or text was from to. This makes it very difficult to tag calls / texts to different projects for time-recording purposes

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Saving filter / search request

It would be nice to be able to save filters (or searches, or finds, or whatever you call the box when you Ctrl-F) WITHOUT saving them as an AutoTag.

As far as I can tell, this isn't something that you can do right now on the desktop version.

If I write a complex search string (or even not that complex, but hard to remember) that I expect to use again, the only thing I can do is save it as a text file and copy and paste it back when I next need it.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base