Feature requests

1. Remember statistics screen tab

On the statistics screen i always look at the "top tags"

It would be nice that manic time remembers that this was the tab that was last viewed, so the next time i go to statistics it already opened "top tags"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fix the software for Linux version

In Ubuntu version of OS has many bugs, the data isn't sent to the server. It always shows error even though I used a upgraded license.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change my email on cloud

There is no option to change my email address in the web interface of manic time server

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Differentiate Between Chrome and Canary Chrome

I do most of all my internet browsing in normal Chrome, but I use Canary for developing (https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/). It would be useful to see 2 applications: Chrome and Chrome Canary. This way I can automatically tag based on application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integration to Wrike

Time integration to Wrike.
    If there's a task in wrike named "Create video for ABC client"
    and we're working with files that named like "ABCvideoproject.prpro"; "ABC production script.docx" etc that manictime would send the time spent on those files to Wrikes time system for that task by looking up for a specific tag in this case "ABC"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. google fit

Integrate with google fit so i can have lot's of detail about how my day is spent.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Chargeability percentage in main view

Would be nice to have an option to show changeability percentage for each day somewhere in the toolbar. Additionally also in the reports for day/week/month/year etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Additional scheduling options for email reports

The email reports feature could be useful with more options for scheduling. Daily for example is conspicuously absent, also days of the week or month. scheduling around pay periods would also be good ie. every 2 weeks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Exclude window titles from Screenshots

It would be great to be able to exclude window titles from screenshots in addition or instead of process name.

This way I could still reference what kind of task I was doing on a work web site and not collect screenshots of my facebook slacking in the same browser.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. rememeberthemilk plugin

Could be interesting to have a plugin that links the rememeberthemilk.com task manager with manic time so yo can auto tag your time or start asign your time with the tasks on RTM

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Shortcut for "back"

I think a "back" shortcode / button would be really helpful. This way I could quickly undo any wrongly made changes. I couldn't find one yet because ctrl + z doesn't work?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable website tracking for Mac users

Our main goal is to track time that's tagged to specific projects and not overall productivity. Therefore we feel like if a user feels we are tracking their website usage then it may erode trust in management.

With the PC version you can disable or white/black list web tracking.

However this is not possible with the Mac version. It'd be a great addition.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Colour code URLs that differ by port with different colours.

When viewing my document timeline I see all the same colour for various client work, this is because it all occurs on the localhost domain (but each client has a different port) so it would be great if urls that differed by port could also differ by colour.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show which type of data will be deleted in confirm screen

Currently when you highlight a timespan in the timeline you get the option to delete a number of things: tags, applications, screenshots, everything, etc. Once you clicked you get a confirmation dialog with title "Delete" and text "Are you sure?".

It would be better if the type of data you're deleting is shown once more in the title of this dialog.

(It's mostly "screenshots" and "delete all" which scare me because they're next to each other in the menu, and I'm not sure the "Undo" function restores screenshots once deleted.)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow custom date ranges to be stored in statistics tab

Two similar but independent features for the 'Statistics' tab to add custom date ranges:

1. Allow the user to add new date ranges to the preset dropdown box.
      These can be 'fixed' ranges with a start/end date set by the user and a label.
      Additionally it would be great if the user could add 'relative' dates like "This week", etc.
      This would be helpful for countries with financial years end partway through the year (Eg Australia)
      It would also be useful for custom development 'Sprint' periods.

2. Allow each 'statistics tab' to have its own date range that can be saved.
      Eg…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. tag delete confirm

when I go to delete a tag, it always says 'Are you sure'. Need an option to turn this confirmation off and on

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. advanced timeline zoom controls

please provide quick access (shortcuts or additional buttons) to the following timeline zoom functions:
    - zoom to selected time
    - zoom to selected item (applciation activity, document activity)
    - reset zoom (zoom out to show entire day)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Timesheet Date Option: "All to date"

Similar to "Month to date", etc. I would like an option to view all timesheet data which is stored, even going back previous years.

I can set this date manually (with some trial and error I can find the "start" date), but if I save the report with the date range, it will save today as the end date, so I'd always have to remember to update the end date when re-running the report, then re-saving.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. find overlaps and give option on how to deal

when I am manually tagging time slots I sometimes drag the mouse too far and overlap an already tagged item , especially if the first tag was a very small time (tagged by auto-tag) and is hard to see.

so would be good to have a feature that finds these overlap tags and ask if a person wants to keep the overlap or choose one of them

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base