Feature requests

1. fix the software for Linux version

In Ubuntu version of OS has many bugs, the data isn't sent to the server. It always shows error even though I used a upgraded license.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration to Wrike

Time integration to Wrike.
    If there's a task in wrike named "Create video for ABC client"
    and we're working with files that named like "ABCvideoproject.prpro"; "ABC production script.docx" etc that manictime would send the time spent on those files to Wrikes time system for that task by looking up for a specific tag in this case "ABC"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Colorblind Mode

I don't know if this is the only instance of this, but colors like this make it impossible for me (and approx. 10% of the population) to use this feature efficiently.

Offering a colorblind mode, or a way to customize colors when they are used, would be be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Periodically Check to See if I am Still Working Is Broken

http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/9487788-remember-periodically-check-if-i-am-still-working

This was previously requested and marked as completed. However, the software no longer remembers your "periodically check if I am still working on this" settings. Any update on when this might be fixed?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application "titles" to be have productive/unproductive setting

Productive report for applications only has root level "productivity" choosing. It would be great if you could set it fro when drilling down into the application and do the same for application titles.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2-Way Sync of Tags From ManicTime to Harvest & Vice Versa

I've been testing saving Tags from ManicTime to the Harvest time tracking service. This is a one-way process from ManicTime to Harvest using the Harvest integration.

It would be great if there was a 2-way sync so that if time entries are created in Harvest, or edited there, that this is brought into/updated in ManicTime too. This would allow users to employ the Harvest mobile app to capture time when on site as well as capture time on their machines. It also would help avoid duplicate or overlapping time entries.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy screenshots to clipboard

To speed up to process getting a screenshot into a document, email, web or whatever, it would be awesome to not only save and open a screenshot but also copy it direct to the clipboard, from where it can go anywhere

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Merged Timelines View

It would be very helpful to be able have a merged timeline view with the Applications and Documents merged together. This would give you a much better view of where you spent your time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamic tag shortcuts

Would love to see a shortcut that tags the selected block of time with the last tag used, i.e. the tag that's at the top of the "add tag" list.

I often go through my timeline to find the spots throughout the day where I was working on a particular project, and I tag each of these blocks of time as I go through. Instead of having to open the "add tag" window every time (press Ctrl+T, then click on the tag at the top of the list to copy it and the notes over to the left, then press…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add functionnal keyboard support

So far the app is absolutely mouse-dependant. Those little tick boxes are nearly impossible to click with a touchscreen and there doesn't seem to be a way to toggle them with the keyboard. Hence the app is unconvenient to use without a mouse such as with a laptop or tablet. I would expect to be able to switch between the Timeline, the Details and the Summary panels using TAB, and to be able to toggle individual items in the Details and Summary using SPACEBAR

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to change my email on cloud

There is no option to change my email address in the web interface of manic time server

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A way to enlarge the tooltip hover screenshots

They are too small to be useful, and using the F12 function works but it requires me to adjust the divider to make it large enough to view anyway. Just having a much larger hover screenshot would work perfectly!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customizable Toolbar (like the Quick Access Toolbar in MS Office)

Would be a great help if I could customize a toolbar with the functions and reports I use most frequently - similar to what users can do in MS Office with the Quick Access Toolbar.

Right now, many of the tools I use all the time are hidden in menus that can only be accessed by clicking very small arrows on the far edges of my screen (e.g., tag editor, autotag editor, and advanced search). It's inefficient and feels very tedious. I would like to be able to create shortcuts for these functions as well as for the reports I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keyboard shortcuts for Billable flag

When a tagged entry it highlighted, ability to press "B" (or some other key) to quickly toggle the billable flag. Would also be nice to do so in the Add Tag window - currently you can type the Tag(s) and tab down to the Notes but there is no way to toggle the billable flag without pressing Tab numerous times to focus it (and it doesn't put dots or anything around it when you've focused it) or reaching for the mouse

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Timesheet Daily Notes

Please add the ability to export or view the timesheet notes by day rather than just combined in the last column. That way the tag notes can show what was worked on each day which is often required for projects.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shortcut for "back"

I think a "back" shortcode / button would be really helpful. This way I could quickly undo any wrongly made changes. I couldn't find one yet because ctrl + z doesn't work?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Installation without admin rights

ManicTime needs admin rights for installation which is restricted in lots of companies. But there are software which can be installed without admin rights like Visual Studio Code. It is installed in C:\users\youruser\AppData\Local\Programs

It would be very nice if manic time could do the same if it's possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customise export formatting

Customise how ManicTime can export time entries (or timesheets), by being able to add fields and separators.

For example, to export time into Carpe Diem Web, the format required is: Tags and narrations in double-quotation marks, and time in decimal hours shown with the word "hour" after.

In this case, the ManicTime user could go into ManicTime's Settings, and set up the formatting for exporting to the clipboard as:
    > Time (decimal)
    > Text: " hour ""
    > Tag1
    > Text: " "
    > Notes
    > Text """

ManicTime users who use other similar time-entry software can customise their export…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base