Feature requests

1. harvest shortcuts

shortcuts in menu bar / keyboard shortcuts to save harvest time for active day, selected activity, and date range.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. easier access to tag editor

Current design: the tag editor is hidden away as the only item of an unnamed drop down menu at the left side edge of the tags timeline, which also means it takes two clicks to get to it. This also leads to a slightly confusing unused vertical area across all tag lines.

Proposed solution: add a tag editor button to the Tags group in the Day ribbon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Absorb/Append - Easier Navigation (Alphabetical Tag) List When Assigning Rule

In the absorb/append rule window (Edit Autotag -> Advanced), the tags that can be absorbed or appended are listed in a random order - would it be possible to alphabetize them?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Screenshots in advanced search

On the advanced search screen, I'd like to be able to see the screenshots of the search results.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow to check specific items in advanced search

please allow to check specific items in advanced search so I could use the calculator to calculate just those items and not all that comes up in the list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. periodic poll what your working on

I like the reminder to check what I'm working on. However I find it to be to open. Can ManicTime require a reponse? That way I activaly have to say what I'm working on.

I would like to extend the request and also ask other questions; like whom I have consulted for the thing I'm working on, is it planned work or ad-hoc, is it my main work of a supporting task that I'm working on.
    I don't want a long survey, just small questions and hence at a different time interval

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screenshots available in AutoTag timeline

Screenshots are currently limited to Application and Document timelines it seems (this is logical)

When I suspect my rules have incorrectly matched something, there is no way to see the screenshot captured at that point. I think that would be quite useful as a quick mechanism to confirm the auto tag in question

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. linux client time away tracking configuration

Hi, I've just realize that among a lot of possible tweaks on windows desktop client, you can configure the away time.
    Unfortunantly I can't find this tweak on linux client. I would like to tweak it, even if I should find an XML file and change data in there.
    Thanks for your attention.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Affinity Plugin

Affinity software by Serif has been growing as an alternative to Adobe graphics applications. It would be great to have document tracking for Affinity apps like there is now with Adobe's.
    https://affinity.serif.com/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personal Daily Summary Notes Tag

Adding the functionality to append a tag (that is not counted towards your daily hours) for personal note taking inside the manic time app where you can write your summary of the things you have done/doing for the day while you tag your times in the company.

These daily notes can later be aggregrated into a weekly summary which can be stored, extracted, exported to another app such as Teamwork, MS Word, Notes etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate with fitness-tracking apps like Garmin Connect, UA Record, MyFitness Pal, etc.

I would like for ManicTime to go beyond "work tracking" and be my single "life tracking" app. To do so, it would have to gather up data from my various life tracking sources. For instance, I would like to have a view of my running/cycling/swimming training, my calorie consumption, and my sleep history next to my work history to see trends. (Some apps also track "mood"...that might be interesting to see along side work activity!)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneNote plugin to track Pages instead of Sections

It's really nice to have a OneNote plugin. I organise using OneNote intensively. My notes are organised in a few major sections and a lot of Pages in each section. The tracker actually takes the section name and not the page name. It would be nice if we had the option to pick either. As a workaround I can always use the App tracking to find my time on each of the Pages because the Pages are displayed in the titlebar. whoever it would be more convenient and quicker to just have them totalled automatically in the Docs section.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Screenshot Database for Security Purposes

I like the screenshot feature for myself to remind myself what I was actually doing at a particular time. But the idea of screenshots so plainly visible to anyone with access to that folder means potential security breach and even compromised PII.

If the screenshots could be saved in a small compressed format that could be saved in a secure database with limited retention like a couple days I think that would be a big help. Typically the screenshots are only useful for me when Im performing end of day tagging and I need to remember what I was doing…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tag shortcuts assignable from Numpad would be nice too.

It is pretty clear from the name of the request. At the moment I have to press the number key above the letters. When it is dark (like now) and my keyboard is dark, it is easier for me to hit the number without looking from the numpad rather then from the top row.

Should not be hard to develop.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Total in Top Tags Statistics view

I'd like to see a total in the Top Tags Statistic view exactly like how the Day view does. As a salary employee it will let me know if I've made my 40 hours of work for the week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Compress Scheduled Backup

Currently my daily manic time backups are over 240MB.
    ZIP compressed brings it down to 83MB.
    I'd like to request an option to compress the sdf backup as a zip file

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Thunderbird Lightning timeline similar to Outlook

Add a timeline for Thunderbird Lightning calendars similar as is currently possible with Outlook. The events should be stored in a sqlite database (local.sqlite) so they should be rather easy to extract.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Do not create screenshot if nothing has changed

ManicTime should compare the new screenshot with the last one. If nothing has changed, it should not create a new file. This helps with low intervals. Of course this would work much better if the mouse pointer is not part of the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tag overrides other descriptions?

Is there any way to see, when you are inside a tag, which aplication/document it refers to?

I have taken for example this violet tag but and there are many aplications/documents I move to this tag but I cannot identify them here.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base