Feature requests

1. start with trace Disabled and question wether to start trace

I would like a feature where could have Manic time start with windows but give a Message box that defines wether tracing should be enabled or disabled. Ie. when i start my laptop in the morning to read the news it is a personal thing and i do not want to record time. but when i get into work later that day i want to record everything.. and then again in the evening when i get home the reason that i start the laptop could be either personal or proffessional.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33

I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33 and End time as 09:41:00 (HH:MM:ss, the long time format). I do not need the seconds so the short date format (HH:mm) would have been fine but that option is not available. What is worse: when start/end time must be changed the colon button may have to be used four times to make amendments; you cannot use the decimal key to distinguish between minutes and seconds. That is very awkward if you…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile with GPS for when I arrive at a job.

Another product one of your competitors Hours Tracker Mobile app picks up when I get close to my client

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add labels quicker

It would be nice to add labels quicker. If the labels is in the right click context menu it works fine but if not you need 3-4 clicks.

How about you build a quick search. If I select a time frame in the top and start tipping there could be a quick search / autocomplete. You would click one time, type the label name and press enter. Done!

That little thing would make your tool 10 times better.

Greetings
    Philipp

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dealing with universam Apps

Thank you guys...Manic Time has made my time tracking so much easier...awesome work.
    Somehow it seams to struggle with detecting activity or filter processes for Apps from the Windows store under Windows 10, but that doesn't worry me to much (for instance filtering Netflix App). As a software eng. I can understand the pity of dealing with the new Universal App's.... Big bravo to the developers team...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please more tag items in context menu

There are only 10 last used tags in context menu for adding label (by right click). Please increase this number (up to 20) or make it customizable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add date range for AutoTag

There exists cases where the same tag match has to be autotagged to tow different tags depending on the date.
    Let's take the example where I am developing the application A, which initially is intended to be developed for internal purpose, but that after 01/01/2017 some time as consequence of some commercial arrangements it has to be billed to the customer C. In this case, the autotag for the application A should map to tag "Internal Development" until 01/01/2017, and to the tag "Customer C" after 01/01/2017.

Please let me know whether this feature is already available or will be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Measure Productivity Based on File Size

Track the file size of a document as it increases over time in the context of tracking productivity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show domain instead of page when web browsing

As an example, my activity log has 25 lines of 5-10 seconds each duration from my looking through the ManicTime help just now. Each new page I looked at created a new line. It would be far more useful data if it could combine those into a domain listing. As another example, all the time I spent on NYtimes.com would show on one line, rather than a different line for each article. I know I can switch it to combine all my MS Edge time, but that is too high level. Thanks for considering the idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Show only tagged activites" for autotags

That would be nice. I'm a lazy developer, so I'd like to set tags for certain activities just once. If I can't see what I already (auto)tagged, I don;t know what I missed.

So basically the "Show only tagged activites", but for autotags

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Jira Tags - Merge the description of the jira tag with the auto-tag

Allow tags that match the jira format to automatically link in the relevent Jira description of the issue for easier understanding of the feature that was worked on.

When hovering over/viewing #PROJ-123
    it would show #PROJ-123 Implement that cool new feature

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Statistics Bar Chart: Allow Ordering of Groups

When viewing the bar chart for a Custom Statistics tab, I'd like to be able to specify a display order for the defined filter groups in the chart. In the table above, each column is sortable, but that doesn't seem to affect the display of the bars in the chart below.

Ideally, there would be one more data point stored with each "filter" group - that of a sort order - an integer field which could be updated using the "Edit..." button, or, optionally, via drag-n-drop in the table.

Then the chart could use the integer value to determine the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag timeline widgit

I would like to have a tag timeline widgit or minimizing alternativ placing/making the the tag-time line accecible on top of all other windows (horisontal or vertical), approx the same size as the Windows shortcut bar. Same functionality as on the tag timeline in the main program window. This would make it even easier to tag time, and be a good reminder to keep taging on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shortcut to "Add tag"

Is it possible to "Add tag" to the list of functions that you can assign a short cut to?

If i would like to tag 15 min regardless of the time of day ,or such tag overlapping my last tag, i can not use the shortcut to "tag last untagged time". This is however possible if i chosse "Add tag" from the program window". I would like this function to be more accecible, as i quite often need to include some billing time without fixing it to a specific time on the timeline .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search function in the "add tag" dialog box

I need the search function in the "add tag" dialog box. Here I should be able to search for tags and notes. This will be a great help in selecting and using already existing and used tags and notes. An always visible search box in the upper left area of the dialog boxx would be great. The search function should start searching while text / words are still entered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag tags within a day

I would like to move tag entries along the timeline. Now I have to do it by dragging the starting point and the ending point.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GotoMeeting Add in

I really like the Lync/Skype for Business add-in. I would like to see one for GoToMeeting as well. Manic time used to record the GTM as screenshots, but it no longer does.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Do not create screenshot if nothing has changed

ManicTime should compare the new screenshot with the last one. If nothing has changed, it should not create a new file. This helps with low intervals. Of course this would work much better if the mouse pointer is not part of the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Minimize Screenshot viewer when main window is minimized

I use ManicTime on two monitors, with the Screenshot viewer full-screen on the second monitor. When I'm done with ManicTime and I minimize the main window, it would be nice if the Screenshot viewer minimized as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base