Feature requests

1. Scheduled Backups should be enabled by default

ManicTime has a feature for scheduled backups, however these are not enabled by default. I started using manic time about a month ago... I just had my C drive crash and lost my whole database, if the backups had been enabled by default i would have been able to restore since my documents are synchronized

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selective Server Sync (Employee Privacy enhancement)

Currently an employee, working from home, tags all their time in ManicTime. But its currently an all or nothing approach when it comes to syncing to the server.

Instead .. have an indicator bar on the top of the timelines that shows which segments are to be sync'd to the Server ... an employee selects time on any timeline .. right-clicks and chooses "Submit to Server" .. then that time segment is sync'd to the server based on the server settings of 'what to sync" (E.g. sync everything or specific timelines)

This allows employees to keep track of their time…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. untagged

I love the new "Untagged Time" tab. I think one small improvement could make it more useful. It is currently based on a percentage of active time, but on days when I am away from my desk or if manic time was not running, it would appear to have been fully tagged for the day when it really wasn't. Feature: could the bars be based on a percent of a set number of hours or have a horizontal line indicating the set number of hours? Additionally, could the goal be easily adjustable or set by the calendar month, as my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How color is chosen: sub-tag could mix a new colour with parent tag colour

To make it easier at a glance to see what you've been working on I would like sub-tag colours to relate to the parent tag. do do this I usually manually pick a colour in the same part of the spectrum as the parent tag, but I think it would work just as well to 50% 50% mix a new random colour with the parent colour.

This could be the method of generating the default colour when you 'skip' a parent tag colour, then you can over-ride it as per usual.

Perhaps the percentage should be 70-30 or something else,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to fix Screenshot alignment

While moving the mouse curser over the timeline, the position of the thumbnail often flips ... from the left to the right of the cursor.
    This makes it sometimes very difficult to catch the screenshots.
    I'd prefer am option to "lock the position of the screenshot" to ONE side of the cursor. Even if they get out of sight in extreme situations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hit Y instead of mouse click when asked "are you still working on ..?

Hit Y instead of mouse click. I am often working on the key board. In order to confirm i have to move my hand to the mouse click the Yes and move back to the keyboard to continue. Hitting Y or Alt Y would be better i think

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag tags within a day

I would like to move tag entries along the timeline. Now I have to do it by dragging the starting point and the ending point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Statistics Bar Chart: Allow Ordering of Groups

When viewing the bar chart for a Custom Statistics tab, I'd like to be able to specify a display order for the defined filter groups in the chart. In the table above, each column is sortable, but that doesn't seem to affect the display of the bars in the chart below.

Ideally, there would be one more data point stored with each "filter" group - that of a sort order - an integer field which could be updated using the "Edit..." button, or, optionally, via drag-n-drop in the table.

Then the chart could use the integer value to determine the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reporting needs lots of improvements

The current method of reporting where each date is a column is really cumbersome. Can we get an option to make one row per date instead? Then the whole report would only be a few columns wide, rather than growing by both columns and rows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please more tag items in context menu

There are only 10 last used tags in context menu for adding label (by right click). Please increase this number (up to 20) or make it customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dealing with universam Apps

Thank you guys...Manic Time has made my time tracking so much easier...awesome work.
    Somehow it seams to struggle with detecting activity or filter processes for Apps from the Windows store under Windows 10, but that doesn't worry me to much (for instance filtering Netflix App). As a software eng. I can understand the pity of dealing with the new Universal App's.... Big bravo to the developers team...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Screenshots on Server need Zoom, Save and Copy to Clipboard

On the server it is almost impossible to read the text in the screenshots. We are using the Linux client so the Server timeline is the only option. Need to be able to see any screenshot larger and save it somehow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Android Work Profile (Employee Privacy enhancement)

Setting this as ManicTime Server as there is no "ManicTime Android" listed.

Its great that ManicTime is available on Android .. but one of the big problems is that Android is filled with limitations that prevent ManicTIme from doing more.

I think the easiest solution that would work would be if ManicTime operated only within a selected Profile (e.g. Personal or Work) ..

On GSuite you can use the MDM to allow company devices to have a Work Profile and a Personal Profile. Work Profile then has a series of restrictions, forced installs, etc.

I would like to track the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. nightly

Firefox Nightly works almost always like Firefox, but manictime doesn't know that it's more or less the same. Hopefully the firefox document timeline plugin could recognize "Nightly" and "Firefox Developer Edition" with only a minimal adaptation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Editing of folders (name/color)

Make folders editable by allowing to edit their name, color

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Files paths for Revit Models

I'd expect Revit would be similar to AutoCAD to program in, and would be very helpful to people in the building design industry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow mid-tag text filtering in add tag window (not just tag picker)

I have a tag 1:

Client1: Project A
    Client1: new Project B
    Client3: Cool project C

and so on.

However, there are so many projects for that client that they exceed the number displayed in the drop down in the add-tag window. Instead of having to type Client1:C to get Client1:Cool Project C, I'd like to be able to type Cool and have it show anything that contains cool.

This would match how the tag picker currently wroks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Record screen video when an application runs

Create video recordings for certain applications. For me, I want to record all of my Skype calls automatically (audio and video). Currently I do this manually with SnagIt, but sometimes i forget.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base