Feature requests

1. Please add ctrl+A screenshot to select entire day in timeline

Once I finished tracking all periods in a day, I like to select all the rest and assign a generic non-billable task, so I know that the entire day is accounted for. This would make that task much faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hit "play" on a previous tagged entry to start timer again

After working on Task A, you switch to Task B and create the new tags. Then, when you want to switch back to Task A, it would be nice if you could just right click on the previous block of time (or select from the drop down in the corner) to start the timer again for Task A. Instead of having to retype in the popup (just takes more time).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When exporting a timesheet offer to open the file in the associated app

When I export a timesheet to Excel my very next action is to open it in Excel which I suspect is a common next action for many people. Currently it's a manual process; run Excel, locate where I saved the file and open it. If I'm processing many exports this can be a significant percentage of the time spent.
    I'm about to write an autohotkey script to automate this for myself however it would be nice if Manictime offered the option to directly open the exported file after saving.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Daily duration time options

When I ended work at 1.00 AM and turned off computer, and then turned on computer again at 20:00 - Daily Duration chart tells me, that I've worked 20 hours. It should count only time when computer is turned on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Total billable time in Timesheet

Provide totals at the bottom for Billable and Unbillable time as well as the grand total.

Eliminates some toggling you have to do now to get these numbers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More Recent Tags options

Expand the Settings -> Tagging configuration to change the way Recent Tags is displayed:

1. Recent Tags (Globally)
    2. Recent Tags (Individually)
    3. Recent Tags (Filtered for the Application and/or Document being tagged)

3 is huge. If the same Application and/or Document is always tagged the same - why do we still need to sift through the recent tags list each and every time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Request for additional schedule backup options

I'm using ManicTime Pro.

I have a feature request for scheduling backup.
    I make regular backups every day, including the screenshot database.

The contents of the ZIP archive data contain daily screenshots from the day you start the backup.

I want to back up only one day's worth of screenshots to a ZIP archive.
    This is to save space.

I made an image of what I want to say, so I hope that you will see the PDF and install it as an additional function.
    * I think it would be good if there was a check function in the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Quick select toolbar

I have used ManicTime for several years, and I think it's the best time tracker on the market. There is one thing, however, that continues to frustrate me.
    The way the program works is perfect. However the amount of UI interaction required to do things is too high. For example:

When allocating times:
    - right click on the time block
    - choose 'tag activity as'
    - select activity (if on list, otherwise click 'add tag' and type text)

this may have to be repeated for 10 or 12 activity blocks suring the day

Likewise, the timer feature is great in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. youtrack

YouTrack plugin
    import issues as tag or comments from JetBrains YouTrack like jira plugin
    +Update time spent when issue id is entered in tag comment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restart manic after update

Twice now I have updated the desktop app and not had it restart until I rebooted or noticed it wasn't running. I caught it quick this time but the first time it was 3 days of lost tracking. If I have it set to start automatically with windows you would think restarting after an update would make sense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Possibility for copy the notice

I have to transfer it to another Programm. I would like to copy all notices simple. Sometimes you habe 3 entrys with different notices. At the moment you have to copy I from every entry :-(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. command line to exit the program

A command line option to exit the program would be helpful; that way I can automate backups even more.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight entries in time sheet

How about a feature in which we could highlight particular entries in timesheets/reports, and keep those highlighted so that when I click on "generate report" it already has those entries highlighted from last time.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for "OR" Tag filters in Timesheet

According to the KB article about Filtering Timesheets (http://support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/686265-filter-timesheet) RegEx is supported, but when I tried to combine two separate tags into the filter (like "or"), it didn't work as expected.

For example: I want to include in the same timesheet, entries from two separate tag groups. For instance, "Client, Project 1" and "Overhead, Task 1"

If I only wanted to show the "Client, Project 1", I can do this filter:
    //
    "Project 1"
    //
    let's say 5 entries are returned.

if I do:
    //
    "Task 1"
    //
    let's say 2 entries are returned.

If I want to…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. move cursor in timeline using arrow keys

when the cursor is over a timeline, hitting the right arrow key should take me to the next item in that timeline and show the corrsponding screenshot. This would be far more accurate than the current hovering using the mouse, which frankly is giving me shoulder pain at the moment.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support Wavebox (Chromium-based browser) for "document" timeline

I am using a browser called Wavebox for multi-session, tabbed based browsing and it is Chromium-based. It is only tracked as an application with page titles but it is as useful as "document" (website tracking).

As a hotfix I wrote a user-script to add the page URL to the page title to help with autotags, but I am missing other features available with "document" timeline/websites.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GotoConnect (Jive) Timeline / Plugin

GotoConnect (Jive) is a cloud PBX system. It would be great to see which contact/phone number was connected to. Similar to what the old Skype connector did.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base