Feature requests

1. Tag overrides other descriptions?

Is there any way to see, when you are inside a tag, which aplication/document it refers to?

I have taken for example this violet tag but and there are many aplications/documents I move to this tag but I cannot identify them here.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration with Omnifocus

Integration with Omnifocus (A very popular MAC GTD+ / projects-life organisation app)..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Measure Productivity Based on File Size

Track the file size of a document as it increases over time in the context of tracking productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pinned Tags in Context Menu

I would like to have to possibility to see the pinned Tags in the small Context menu which opens when you click the blue button on the timeline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Naming / Tagging for screenshots within a project

It would be great, if I could be able to group screenshots based on the projects that are opened. I often switch Projects in Cinema 4d and I would like to be able to make a timelapse video based on a single project.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Track the conversation in Skype

Skype gets tracked correctly when it is running, however not which conversation it is showing. Ideally MT would show which skype thread is being discussed and track against that project. Currently skype title just says "Skype" which is pretty useless. Is it possible to auto detect the chat that is active?

Using:
    Skype version 8.65.0.78

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to increase the number of show top.

I want to increase the number of show top.
    Fifty is too few for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. detect activity of programs

Some jobs require rendering or export session, during this time the program still working on the project even if i dont move the mouse, but Manic time register as "away". It would be nice if the tracking remain active during the programs activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shortcut to "Add tag"

Is it possible to "Add tag" to the list of functions that you can assign a short cut to?

If i would like to tag 15 min regardless of the time of day ,or such tag overlapping my last tag, i can not use the shortcut to "tag last untagged time". This is however possible if i chosse "Add tag" from the program window". I would like this function to be more accecible, as i quite often need to include some billing time without fixing it to a specific time on the timeline .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable tracking for the weekend/till Monday

Hi

I'd like to have the option to pause Manictime from tracking by right clicking on the taskbar tray icon.

We currently have the option to pause for:
    - 15 minutes,
    - 1 hour,
    - till tomorrow
    - till manually enabled again.

I think that "Pause till Monday" will be a nice extra option to have to disable tracking during the weekend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. notification

I'd like to know if Manictime can add notification function when one application starts on one device? It is useful for us to track my children's phone and computer usage. The notification can be email, SMS or phone call etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. productivity settings, calculator, reports

I stumbled on this software:
    http://www.timesnapper.com/professional.aspx

and I realised that those features would be better on manictime, than on that timestanpper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clicking an entry on the Timesheet will navigate you to that entry on the Day timeline.

On the TimeSheet when total by 'Day' is selected, I would like to be able to click on a time entry in the timesheet tab and have the application navigate to the first entry on the timeline of the Day tab.

When I performed this action, ideally the timeline would grey or filter out all other tags and only display the tag I am investigating.

When I identify an entry in the timeline that needs adjusted it is necessary for me to make a note of that day, the tag of the time entry and use the date control on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Minimize Screenshot viewer when main window is minimized

I use ManicTime on two monitors, with the Screenshot viewer full-screen on the second monitor. When I'm done with ManicTime and I minimize the main window, it would be nice if the Screenshot viewer minimized as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Split

Split Function for Tag
    During the day I sometimes forget to stop a timer when an interruption comes. Rather than having to then re-adjust the time manually by dragging the task creating a new task and adding the new tag it would be nice if I could put a split in a tag which then seperates that tag into two seperate tags. From there I can just drag the second tag start time to where I got back to my original task and add the new Tag for the interruption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want to analyze the number of times and time of the folder movement, the arrival time up to the target mail history, and improve and compare the data.

Please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mobile with GPS for when I arrive at a job.

Another product one of your competitors Hours Tracker Mobile app picks up when I get close to my client

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Grouping of Autotags in Manictime

It will be better if you can add this feature to segment autotags like (category 1, category 2) and under each category there will be several independent autotags. Currently i have 20 autotags and want to group them into 3 category but that is not possible. These are some suggestion how to implement this.

1) In Timesheet: It can be added in timesheet generation and giving an option to group autoatags and it will show total time spent under each category.

2) In Timeline: It can also be displayed in autotag timeline and user will have option whether to show…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. replace tags

My workflow is to search for keywords. Sometimes the keywords get tagged with the wrong tag, which I notice when doing a different search. I then need to "delete" tags, and re-tag everything in the search with a different tag. It would be great if instead of "Add tag..." I could "Add and Replace tag..."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tag shortcuts in advanced search results

I would like to see tag shortcuts work on the results screen of Advanced Search

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base