Feature requests

1. "treat sound as Active" exept some program

There is missing a very important thing in this option "treat sound as Active", there must be "except this programs" option. For example, some music apps didn't need to "treat sound".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag shortcuts assignable from Numpad would be nice too.

It is pretty clear from the name of the request. At the moment I have to press the number key above the letters. When it is dark (like now) and my keyboard is dark, it is easier for me to hit the number without looking from the numpad rather then from the top row.

Should not be hard to develop.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Colour code URLs that differ by port with different colours.

When viewing my document timeline I see all the same colour for various client work, this is because it all occurs on the localhost domain (but each client has a different port) so it would be great if urls that differed by port could also differ by colour.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Total in Top Tags Statistics view

I'd like to see a total in the Top Tags Statistic view exactly like how the Day view does. As a salary employee it will let me know if I've made my 40 hours of work for the week.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. find overlaps and give option on how to deal

when I am manually tagging time slots I sometimes drag the mouse too far and overlap an already tagged item , especially if the first tag was a very small time (tagged by auto-tag) and is hard to see.

so would be good to have a feature that finds these overlap tags and ask if a person wants to keep the overlap or choose one of them

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. tag delete confirm

when I go to delete a tag, it always says 'Are you sure'. Need an option to turn this confirmation off and on

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate with fitness-tracking apps like Garmin Connect, UA Record, MyFitness Pal, etc.

I would like for ManicTime to go beyond "work tracking" and be my single "life tracking" app. To do so, it would have to gather up data from my various life tracking sources. For instance, I would like to have a view of my running/cycling/swimming training, my calorie consumption, and my sleep history next to my work history to see trends. (Some apps also track "mood"...that might be interesting to see along side work activity!)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Compress Scheduled Backup

Currently my daily manic time backups are over 240MB.
    ZIP compressed brings it down to 83MB.
    I'd like to request an option to compress the sdf backup as a zip file

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Absorb/Append - Easier Navigation (Alphabetical Tag) List When Assigning Rule

In the absorb/append rule window (Edit Autotag -> Advanced), the tags that can be absorbed or appended are listed in a random order - would it be possible to alphabetize them?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneNote plugin to track Pages instead of Sections

It's really nice to have a OneNote plugin. I organise using OneNote intensively. My notes are organised in a few major sections and a lot of Pages in each section. The tracker actually takes the section name and not the page name. It would be nice if we had the option to pick either. As a workaround I can always use the App tracking to find my time on each of the Pages because the Pages are displayed in the titlebar. whoever it would be more convenient and quicker to just have them totalled automatically in the Docs section.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Screenshots available in AutoTag timeline

Screenshots are currently limited to Application and Document timelines it seems (this is logical)

When I suspect my rules have incorrectly matched something, there is no way to see the screenshot captured at that point. I think that would be quite useful as a quick mechanism to confirm the auto tag in question

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow custom date ranges to be stored in statistics tab

Two similar but independent features for the 'Statistics' tab to add custom date ranges:

1. Allow the user to add new date ranges to the preset dropdown box.
      These can be 'fixed' ranges with a start/end date set by the user and a label.
      Additionally it would be great if the user could add 'relative' dates like "This week", etc.
      This would be helpful for countries with financial years end partway through the year (Eg Australia)
      It would also be useful for custom development 'Sprint' periods.

2. Allow each 'statistics tab' to have its own date range that can be saved.
      Eg…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Timesheet Date Option: "All to date"

Similar to "Month to date", etc. I would like an option to view all timesheet data which is stored, even going back previous years.

I can set this date manually (with some trial and error I can find the "start" date), but if I save the report with the date range, it will save today as the end date, so I'd always have to remember to update the end date when re-running the report, then re-saving.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. periodic poll what your working on

I like the reminder to check what I'm working on. However I find it to be to open. Can ManicTime require a reponse? That way I activaly have to say what I'm working on.

I would like to extend the request and also ask other questions; like whom I have consulted for the thing I'm working on, is it planned work or ad-hoc, is it my main work of a supporting task that I'm working on.
    I don't want a long survey, just small questions and hence at a different time interval

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show which type of data will be deleted in confirm screen

Currently when you highlight a timespan in the timeline you get the option to delete a number of things: tags, applications, screenshots, everything, etc. Once you clicked you get a confirmation dialog with title "Delete" and text "Are you sure?".

It would be better if the type of data you're deleting is shown once more in the title of this dialog.

(It's mostly "screenshots" and "delete all" which scare me because they're next to each other in the menu, and I'm not sure the "Undo" function restores screenshots once deleted.)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Thunderbird Lightning timeline similar to Outlook

Add a timeline for Thunderbird Lightning calendars similar as is currently possible with Outlook. The events should be stored in a sqlite database (local.sqlite) so they should be rather easy to extract.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow to check specific items in advanced search

please allow to check specific items in advanced search so I could use the calculator to calculate just those items and not all that comes up in the list.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. harvest shortcuts

shortcuts in menu bar / keyboard shortcuts to save harvest time for active day, selected activity, and date range.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. advanced timeline zoom controls

please provide quick access (shortcuts or additional buttons) to the following timeline zoom functions:
    - zoom to selected time
    - zoom to selected item (applciation activity, document activity)
    - reset zoom (zoom out to show entire day)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base