Feature requests

1. Daily duration time options

When I ended work at 1.00 AM and turned off computer, and then turned on computer again at 20:00 - Daily Duration chart tells me, that I've worked 20 hours. It should count only time when computer is turned on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Statistics view - Save the columns order

In the statistics view, the columns order can be changed manually by dragging the columns left and right. Unfortunately, this ordering is not saved and must be done every time manic time is restarted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request for additional schedule backup options

I'm using ManicTime Pro.

I have a feature request for scheduling backup.
    I make regular backups every day, including the screenshot database.

The contents of the ZIP archive data contain daily screenshots from the day you start the backup.

I want to back up only one day's worth of screenshots to a ZIP archive.
    This is to save space.

I made an image of what I want to say, so I hope that you will see the PDF and install it as an additional function.
    * I think it would be good if there was a check function in the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More Recent Tags options

Expand the Settings -> Tagging configuration to change the way Recent Tags is displayed:

1. Recent Tags (Globally)

2. Recent Tags (Individually)

3. Recent Tags (Filtered for the Application and/or Document being tagged)

3 is huge. If the same Application and/or Document is always tagged the same - why do we still need to sift through the recent tags list each and every time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Total billable time in Timesheet

Provide totals at the bottom for Billable and Unbillable time as well as the grand total.

Eliminates some toggling you have to do now to get these numbers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Minimize Day ribbon

I need ability to minimize ribbon for "Day" section ​to enlarge working space
    Is it possible to realize?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple monitors registrations

It will be usefull, in a muli-monitor enviroment, to have a timeline for every monitor.
    Sometime I see that the product register Outlook for long time, only because I was working on the other monitor.
    Have a timeline for every monitor will be usefull

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Point in Time Markers

Ability to add Point-In-Time Markers to any of the timelines.

I have a custom timeline that pulls from a local web source - it shows me my telephone logs - incoming and outgoing calls. Timelines work great for that because there is a start and a finish.

I want to also show when I receive and send SMS messages as well. I can already import them from my phone - but they are point in time - not duration.

Right-click -> Add Marker
    Select the Icon, enter the time it occurred at, one or more tags, and notes.

It would…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reorder pinned tags

I'd like to be able to reorder my pinned tags.

I find the "pinned tags" feature very helpful and have built up a long of these over the years. However, because this list has been built up over the years, my pinned tags list currently has a strange order, and there does not seem to be a way to reorder them without unpinning and re-pinning each of them.

It would be helpful if there were a simpler way to reorder these, such as drag-and-drop or an additional option in the tag editor.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shortcuts to navigate in the application and timeline

To be really fast with my time booking and navigation, I would prefer to have a better shortcut integration, for example to switch between days or to start a tag after the last finished tag in the day. Also flying through the screenshots would be nice on the keyboard. This would improve the efficiency very much I think.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter documents and apps by auto-tag

I wish I could filter documents and apps to match only a single auto-tag, or pattern That would help to see more easily what I worked on when I worked for client X. Not sure, if this is already possible though... If yes, then please add some examples to the filter help page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When exporting a timesheet offer to open the file in the associated app

When I export a timesheet to Excel my very next action is to open it in Excel which I suspect is a common next action for many people. Currently it's a manual process; run Excel, locate where I saved the file and open it. If I'm processing many exports this can be a significant percentage of the time spent.
    I'm about to write an autohotkey script to automate this for myself however it would be nice if Manictime offered the option to directly open the exported file after saving.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to assign monthly hours goal per tag

Be able to add in tags and assign a monthly goal for hours assigned to this tag. Actively track actual time assigned to tag vs. goal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PHPStorm plugin

A plugin for #PHPStorm would be great! Maybe you can use https://github.com/wakatime/jetbrains-wakatime as a basis?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically open screenshot viewer on second monitor option

Having an option/checkbox you can include in "Settings" to automatically open screenshot viewer on a second monitor would be really good, so that you don't have to press F12 to open it every the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Until next boot" time tracking off option

Often times my usage times are not in one big, continuous chunk, but involve multiple boots. What this means is sometimes, I want to turn off the tracking which I have to do using the "Go Off The Record" option, in which the most appropriate option is "Until you turn on".

When I do this, I MUST turn it back on manually after boot for it to start/continue tracking, which is easy to forget the next day/morning and indeed I have done so :( A simple option that auto tracks on boot could really help.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Citavi Plugin

A Plugin to see which project is opened in Citavi would be nice. Currently I have multiple projects there and can only track that through the application timeline where i cant tell the projects apart.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Track the folders wgere the project files are located

It would be nice if it was possible to track the Folder were the files are located. Most businesess use a folder structure that represents all the projects that are running. This way you only need to track the folder P:\clients\project.. and all files with this string will be tracked for one project.

Thanks,
    Jaap

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Comparing Estimated time with actual time

Estimated time for a project/task is often different from the actual time spent. It would be great if there's a feature that showed the difference

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hit "play" on a previous tagged entry to start timer again

After working on Task A, you switch to Task B and create the new tags. Then, when you want to switch back to Task A, it would be nice if you could just right click on the previous block of time (or select from the drop down in the corner) to start the timer again for Task A. Instead of having to retype in the popup (just takes more time).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base