Feature requests

1. Add Plugin for Redmine

Could be interesting to have a plugin for Redmine. Lot of companies are using Redmine as task management tool, including time tracking.

Import assigned tasks as tags from Redmine and export time tracking as spent time to Redmine could be very useful.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track which Chrome profile is in use.

I use separate Chrome profiles for work and not-work. When I access a site like, "mail.google.com", I currently can't tell if it's for work or not. Having the added information about the Chrome profile would completely fix this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personal Daily Summary Notes Tag

Adding the functionality to append a tag (that is not counted towards your daily hours) for personal note taking inside the manic time app where you can write your summary of the things you have done/doing for the day while you tag your times in the company.

These daily notes can later be aggregrated into a weekly summary which can be stored, extracted, exported to another app such as Teamwork, MS Word, Notes etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notification

I'd like to know if Manictime can add notification function when one application starts on one device? It is useful for us to track my children's phone and computer usage. The notification can be email, SMS or phone call etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Screenshot Database for Security Purposes

I like the screenshot feature for myself to remind myself what I was actually doing at a particular time. But the idea of screenshots so plainly visible to anyone with access to that folder means potential security breach and even compromised PII.

If the screenshots could be saved in a small compressed format that could be saved in a secure database with limited retention like a couple days I think that would be a big help. Typically the screenshots are only useful for me when Im performing end of day tagging and I need to remember what I was doing…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support ARM architecture for ManicTime Server on Linux

When running ManicTime Server on my Raspberry PI 4, I get the following error:

-bash: ./ManicTimeServer: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

It appears the ARM architecture is currently not supported.

I would love support for ARM devices so I can run ManicTime Server on my Raspberry PI.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2-Way Sync of Tags From ManicTime to Harvest & Vice Versa

I've been testing saving Tags from ManicTime to the Harvest time tracking service. This is a one-way process from ManicTime to Harvest using the Harvest integration.

It would be great if there was a 2-way sync so that if time entries are created in Harvest, or edited there, that this is brought into/updated in ManicTime too. This would allow users to employ the Harvest mobile app to capture time when on site as well as capture time on their machines. It also would help avoid duplicate or overlapping time entries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Wavebox (Chromium-based browser) for "document" timeline

I am using a browser called Wavebox for multi-session, tabbed based browsing and it is Chromium-based. It is only tracked as an application with page titles but it is as useful as "document" (website tracking).

As a hotfix I wrote a user-script to add the page URL to the page title to help with autotags, but I am missing other features available with "document" timeline/websites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Application "titles" to be have productive/unproductive setting

Productive report for applications only has root level "productivity" choosing. It would be great if you could set it fro when drilling down into the application and do the same for application titles.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Linux Client - Fully Local UI

Currently, the Linux client lacks its own UI - it must be used with a separate server to act as its UI. The problem is, if you're already using a remote central server to coordinate multiple clients you can't run that server locally - and having to depend on a remote server as the only form of UI makes it impossible to work while offline (i.e. on flights, out in the field, etc). Furthermore, the only way to use screenshots is by syncing them - which will consume an immense amount of additional data, which may not be feasible if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Go off the record until configured time

I work different shift patterns and use the computer for personal as well as business. I'd like the ability to go off record until a pre-configured time, i.e. until I start work the following day. My PC usage often goes past midnight, so go off record until tomorrow doesn't work. I'd like the ability to set a default go on record time within configuration, then within the system tray icon "Go of record until" menu have a 5th option called "Until xx:xx" where xx:xx is the pre-configured time.

I'd also like a 6th menu option called something like "Until ??:??".…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want the minimum activity time to be 1 second

I want to analyze the number of times and time of the folder movement, the arrival time up to the target mail history, and improve and compare the data.

Please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Chromebook Version

ManicTime Tracker for Chromebook.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow mid-tag text filtering in add tag window (not just tag picker)

I have a tag 1:

Client1: Project A
    Client1: new Project B
    Client3: Cool project C

and so on.

However, there are so many projects for that client that they exceed the number displayed in the drop down in the add-tag window. Instead of having to type Client1:C to get Client1:Cool Project C, I'd like to be able to type Cool and have it show anything that contains cool.

This would match how the tag picker currently wroks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. untagged

I love the new "Untagged Time" tab. I think one small improvement could make it more useful. It is currently based on a percentage of active time, but on days when I am away from my desk or if manic time was not running, it would appear to have been fully tagged for the day when it really wasn't. Feature: could the bars be based on a percent of a set number of hours or have a horizontal line indicating the set number of hours? Additionally, could the goal be easily adjustable or set by the calendar month, as my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Colorblind Mode

I don't know if this is the only instance of this, but colors like this make it impossible for me (and approx. 10% of the population) to use this feature efficiently.

Offering a colorblind mode, or a way to customize colors when they are used, would be be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Calendar for Work Time

Hi. in my company there are different work times depending on the weel day, i.e. Monday to Thursday from 8 to 18 and Friday from 7:30 to 14.

This also implies that the expected time is not 8 hours at day, is 8:30 from Monday to Thurdsay and 6 hours on friday, total 40 per week but is not 8 per day.

Not sure if there are more companies with this kind of schedule, for me seems interesting

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. fix the software for Linux version

In Ubuntu version of OS has many bugs, the data isn't sent to the server. It always shows error even though I used a upgraded license.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base