Feature requests

1. Comparing Estimated time with actual time

Estimated time for a project/task is often different from the actual time spent. It would be great if there's a feature that showed the difference

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hit "play" on a previous tagged entry to start timer again

After working on Task A, you switch to Task B and create the new tags. Then, when you want to switch back to Task A, it would be nice if you could just right click on the previous block of time (or select from the drop down in the corner) to start the timer again for Task A. Instead of having to retype in the popup (just takes more time).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add ctrl+A screenshot to select entire day in timeline

Once I finished tracking all periods in a day, I like to select all the rest and assign a generic non-billable task, so I know that the entire day is accounted for. This would make that task much faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please focus "Tags" input after click on "Tag last untagged time"

Maybe a Bug or missing Feature.
    Using "Tag last untagged time" as described on
    https://manictime.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/686274-tag-last-untagged-time

on Windows 10.
    The Cursor blinks on the "Tags" input field, but typing do NOT appear there.
    Have to click it with the mouse first, then typing works.

Hint: using a shortcut to open the "Tag last untagged time" works better, typing is possible without mouseclick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. show daily net hours on top bar

The top bar shows "day start", "day end" , "duration" on the right. It would be great to see "active" duration also to see, the active hours without checking the statistics tab

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disabling Screenshots for specific applications

It should be possible to specify applications or websites for which no screenshots should be taken.
    If you have applications or websites with confident information (such for example password tools or financial tools) it is not desirable that these contents are visible by others in screenshots.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shortcut for "back"

I think a "back" shortcode / button would be really helpful. This way I could quickly undo any wrongly made changes. I couldn't find one yet because ctrl + z doesn't work?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add export option 'All timelines' instead of each timeline seperately

By clicking [settings-symbol] -> 'Import,Export' it is very easy to export all data recorded. However you get 4 seperate files.

There are multiple options to export data to xlsx or csv, but none of them puts the label, usage-, program- and document information next to each other in columns (just like the main screen of Manic time has these timelines above each other).The easiest way I have found to do this is to export each timeline (4 options: labels, somputer usage, programs and documents) seperately and put them together in Excel, but that is quite an exercise.

If the file…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Function to distinguish 2 programs that share the same .exe name?

I don't know where to ask this so might as well do it here.
    I have 2 video games that use the same engine, so when I launched them they both have the same name (ex: engine.exe) but they both have different title name of course. The application tracker treats them as the same thing and lump their hours up together. Is there a way to separate them somehow?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Autotag to cloud or automatic copy of autotags to tags

There are similar ideas for desktop statistics, but let me explain a workflow we are using with Cloud version.

First of all, we went with Manic Time because for our use case it almost works automatically. Also our Manic Time use is based on trust.

So we have a first rule that if you do something personal, you stop Manic Time.

We also have a rule for work browser and personal browser (which we have excluded from tracking) because these days you "have to" do some personal browsing through out the day.

Then we have a set of apps that…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Track the conversation in Skype

Skype gets tracked correctly when it is running, however not which conversation it is showing. Ideally MT would show which skype thread is being discussed and track against that project. Currently skype title just says "Skype" which is pretty useless. Is it possible to auto detect the chat that is active?

Using:
    Skype version 8.65.0.78

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. zendesk

Please add support for Zendesk

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You need a much better way to deal with conflicts in autotags

Conflicts in autotags are taking me forever. There are so many of them. You need a feature that detects them and that has some form of wizard that will scroll through them all and just ask the user to select which is the tag they want most, either on a day basis or by project, or some other way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic prompt for call notes

For the add in call log on Android, it would be nice to be prompted in some way to enter notes about the call which can make it easier to recall events and subjects when tagging later

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve to save new edited tags

When I edit new tag, and key in esc, the edit window is closed and the typed text is gone. In this case please ask to save or forgett the text. Another tip is save text in between with key ctrl-S, not only with OK button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A way to enlarge the tooltip hover screenshots

They are too small to be useful, and using the F12 function works but it requires me to adjust the divider to make it large enough to view anyway. Just having a much larger hover screenshot would work perfectly!!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customise export formatting

Customise how ManicTime can export time entries (or timesheets), by being able to add fields and separators.

For example, to export time into Carpe Diem Web, the format required is: Tags and narrations in double-quotation marks, and time in decimal hours shown with the word "hour" after.

In this case, the ManicTime user could go into ManicTime's Settings, and set up the formatting for exporting to the clipboard as:

Time (decimal)
    Text: " hour ""
    Tag1
    Text: " "
    Notes
    Text """

ManicTime users who use other similar time-entry software can customise their export options to suite their system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. replace tags

My workflow is to search for keywords. Sometimes the keywords get tagged with the wrong tag, which I notice when doing a different search. I then need to "delete" tags, and re-tag everything in the search with a different tag. It would be great if instead of "Add tag..." I could "Add and Replace tag..."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. screenshots from other computers

I can add different timelines from different computers of mine, using the same login on a ManicTime server.
    It would be great if it could download the screenshots from the ManicTime server so I can't have to open up the web interface to see screenshots (which I can't even view full screen of.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Edit Timer Start before you have stopped it

As a user that forgot to start the timer, I would like to correct the start time at any point rather than wait until the timer is stopped so that my information is more accurate (otherwise I need to write down the start time on a piece of paper so that I can edit it later.)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base