Feature requests

1. Screenshots in advanced search

On the advanced search screen, I'd like to be able to see the screenshots of the search results.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. easier access to tag editor

Current design: the tag editor is hidden away as the only item of an unnamed drop down menu at the left side edge of the tags timeline, which also means it takes two clicks to get to it. This also leads to a slightly confusing unused vertical area across all tag lines.

Proposed solution: add a tag editor button to the Tags group in the Day ribbon.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compatibility through WineHQ

Afaic, ManicTIme is focused in Windows machines, with a tracker available for the other platforms. So someone on these other platforms can use the service (even though a bit cumbersomely compared to windows) even without a full port that we would like.

The hickup in this, is that if he wants to use the WIndows App (let's admit it is way more useful for individuals than the server web page) he has to launch a VM every time.

Having said these, understanding that a full port to other platforms can be costly for the ManicTime Team, I would like to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All child windows to be grouped under the parent application

In my firm, we use software that creates child windows that take up a serious amount of time during work hours. Unfortunately, manictime just shows them with the window_name (eg. Options, settings etc) that has no value to the manager.

It would be absolutely wonderful if all these child windows could be group under a single parent app and the time shown would correspond to the total time spent to the parent application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clickable URL hyperlinks in Notes

Allow putting hyperlinks to Notes.
    Make existing links in Notes clickable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Merged Timelines View

It would be very helpful to be able have a merged timeline view with the Applications and Documents merged together. This would give you a much better view of where you spent your time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Periodically Check to See if I am Still Working Is Broken

http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/9487788-remember-periodically-check-if-i-am-still-working

This was previously requested and marked as completed. However, the software no longer remembers your "periodically check if I am still working on this" settings. Any update on when this might be fixed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Linux Client - Fully Local UI

Currently, the Linux client lacks its own UI - it must be used with a separate server to act as its UI. The problem is, if you're already using a remote central server to coordinate multiple clients you can't run that server locally - and having to depend on a remote server as the only form of UI makes it impossible to work while offline (i.e. on flights, out in the field, etc). Furthermore, the only way to use screenshots is by syncing them - which will consume an immense amount of additional data, which may not be feasible if…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copying and merging DB of day time sheet

With Covid-19 lockdowns, I have been working on my machine at home. Is there is simple way to extract the data base information for the daily sheets into a file that I can carry into my work, and merge with my main machine's data? Neither machine will be "on" unless the other is "off". I don't think that the "server" solution will help me. The KB articles suggest that the data is not combined when it is transferred. It suggests if transfer is used, the existing data will be over-written.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Disable tracking for the weekend/till Monday

Hi

I'd like to have the option to pause Manictime from tracking by right clicking on the taskbar tray icon.

We currently have the option to pause for:
    - 15 minutes,
    - 1 hour,
    - till tomorrow
    - till manually enabled again.

I think that "Pause till Monday" will be a nice extra option to have to disable tracking during the weekend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Renew the ManicTimeServer for macOS , you removed it because it didn't work , fix it and bring it back please

I was trying to install manic time server both from docker and not , and It didn't work so I contacted with you and you removed it because it was broken , looking forward for you uploading it again . thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. move cursor in timeline using arrow keys

when the cursor is over a timeline, hitting the right arrow key should take me to the next item in that timeline and show the corrsponding screenshot. This would be far more accurate than the current hovering using the mouse, which frankly is giving me shoulder pain at the moment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag shortcuts in advanced search results

I would like to see tag shortcuts work on the results screen of Advanced Search

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for "OR" Tag filters in Timesheet

According to the KB article about Filtering Timesheets (http://support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/686265-filter-timesheet) RegEx is supported, but when I tried to combine two separate tags into the filter (like "or"), it didn't work as expected.

For example: I want to include in the same timesheet, entries from two separate tag groups. For instance, "Client, Project 1" and "Overhead, Task 1"

If I only wanted to show the "Client, Project 1", I can do this filter:
    //
    "Project 1"
    //
    let's say 5 entries are returned.

if I do:
    //
    "Task 1"
    //
    let's say 2 entries are returned.

If I want to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tag Editing Tools - Move/Drag, Cut/Split

More vesitility for tag placement and editing. This could work similar to how a video editing program like Final Cut X works.

1. Move/Drag Tags - Click hold and drag to move tags to a different location on the timeline. This is especially usefull for planing a day with tags as planned time blocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlZC2GZd_Q

2. Cut/split tags - this would be usefull for editing tags that were placed previously but a change is desired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVcx24lCvzg

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt

A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt through them manually

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy screenshots to clipboard

To speed up to process getting a screenshot into a document, email, web or whatever, it would be awesome to not only save and open a screenshot but also copy it direct to the clipboard, from where it can go anywhere

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Removal of Jira support on free version

I understand that you decide which features are supported in the free version, but I do not think it is fair to remove a feature that was working fine (integration with Jira) when I do a software update, without any warning.
    What is the last version that supports this feature on how can I downgrade ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base