Skip to content

Feature requests

237 results found

1. Auto Dark Mode

Follow the system's light/dark mode to switch between light and dark modes automatically.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add filter to server API

Hey guys!

I've been using ManicTime for some years now and I just recently set up the server version in order to backup my data automatically.

I also connected it to my local quotation/invoicing app via the API and noticed, that there is no possibility to filter the requests any more than by from and to.

An additional string field to filter the tags would be great, so one can pass e.g. a part of a tag or a full tag and receives only the matching data. It's not really something required, but it would add a good thing to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Edit locations from mobile app on desktop client and/or server website. View locations on map.

I would like to edit locations from he mobile app within the desktop app and also view the locations I visited on a map. In general: It would be nice to manage the locations on my desktop or within server website as I can do it in the mobile app. Very useful to check where I was and how long.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extend/Shrink start/end of a selected tag using keyboard shortcut

Extend/Shring start/end of a selected tag using keyboard shortcuts.
    When selecting a tag on timeline, If I need to extend/shrink its start/end to a specific point in time, the normal way to do this is to mouse drag the start/end edge to the desired point on the timeline.

It would be more easier and efficient if there exist the following keyboard shortcuts:
    - keyboard shortcut to move (extend/shrink) the selected tag's start edge to the current mouse's position on the timeline and another one for the end edge.
    - keyboard shortcut to extend the selected tag's start edge to the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved Virtual Desktop Tracking

I organize my client projects into virtual desktops on Windows 11, with each desktop dedicated to a specific project.

It would be very helpful if the app could better support tracking these virtual desktops. Currently, it’s possible to see which desktop is used, but it’s subtle and not easy to identify. Hovering over the activity status in the timeline shows the active desktop, but this is cumbersome.

Could you add a feature to make the active virtual desktop more visible, perhaps with a color-coded bar or indicator? This would greatly improve usability for tracking project times.

Thanks for considering this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. blur people faces in screenshots, so that the actual faces are never recorded

would be possible to automatically blur people faces in screenshots, so that the actual faces are never recorded?
    Otherwise this happens during calls.

OR block recording when the webcam is acrivated in a call.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom title: Easier creation / sharing and application to past data (of limited range, e.g. past 7 days)

It would be great if the CustomTitle.txt feature would get a community source so that not every user has to re-invent the wheel and has to write a regex for every application.
    Similar to the plugin management, a searchable online repository that can be used to add lines to CustomTitle.txt would be great, with an online suggestion feature to add new entries.
    Please also keep the plaintext file and openness of this feature even with this addition.

Similarly, it would be great to apply new CustomTitle.txt document/application regex rules to the recorded data of the past 7 days.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option for Day Timeline to flow vertically

The program I use to enter my time uses a top down 9 - 5 display that I cant change, hopefully this is something that can be done on this side :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. integrate with gpt-4o

I've just tested a CSV export of part of my day in chat gpt and it correctly identified which parts of my day were productive, what software I used and the total time I spent in work. I then asked it to include relevant support tasks, like explorer operations, and it did that too. I found this far quicker than assigning tags or autotags.

I'm not sure what an integration would look like, but a dump to clipboard of csv data of the current day might be a start. The possibilities are amazing, especially if you throw screenshots into the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Connection plugin for Bitrix24

Would like the Connections Configuration tab to have the ability to integrate with the Bitrix24 CRM system

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable/disable off the record via CLI

Add an option to the new command line interface (mtc) to enable and disable off the record, for automation. Something like

mtc.exe offtherecord on
    mtc.exe offtherecord off

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make usage details more powerful - add filter, sort by A then B

Usage details could be so much more powerful if you could filter it in the same way as the timeline. The results of that filter could be turned into a report - without the need to tag.

For example, I tag all my email usage. But there is nowhere to output a spreadsheet grouped by title. Having totals for each group on that table would also be amazing - so you could see instantly that you'd spent 30 mins on one email thread, and 15 minutes on another.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Minimal time for AutoTag entry

Some activities that are auto tagged by location are taking more time in reality. So it would be great to be able to set a minimal value for auto expanding the time into it, or some padding values (+/- 3 minutes). For example my commute is always measured by the time that my vehicle is in movement (about 6 minutes), however, I'd like to automatically add to that time 3 minutes before and after the movement for the preparing, as it takes time to pack, to take my vehicle out of the garage, etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request for ManicTime Mac Deployment on Vercel

Can the Mac version of ManicTime be deployed on Vercel? Currently, deployment is through Docker, which significantly uses resources. Vercel seems more efficient. Are there any plans to support this?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export video timelapse

I'd like to be able to show my clients exactly why I'm billing them for 4 (or 44) hours work. Even if the timelpase option was only available per day this would be great. FFMPEG has done the heavy lifting. All you need is to put the jpegs into an array and send them off to FFMPEG. You'd need to specify an output folder in manic time options and bobs your uncle. I have done this manually but its a faff:
    Select only jpegs (not thumbnails). Rename as a sequence, send to video converter.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. autotag abilty to remove screenshots for sensitive classifications

if the use of a banking web site is detected it could be a finance person access a company business account or a staff member accessing their personal bank account at lunch time. there are privacy protection issues and cyber security risks if the screen shots show bank account details.
    the idea is that there is an option on the autotag that automatically deletes the screen shot but the url is kept.
    similarly, a person that does the payroll may need screenshots deleted that relate to staff pay or personal bank account details.
    it would be best if the set…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Monitoring of applications running in the background (applications of our choice)

I am listening to music on Spotify but something else is open on my window screen.

Therefore, the application cannot detect the Spotify application running in the background.

Since we cannot monitor all background applications, in fact, if we select certain programs in the settings section and then say watch even if these programs run in the background, we can watch the applications we want running in the background.

I am waiting for your comments in this way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Track "(Not Responding)"

Identify "(Not Responding)" text appended to window label when a given program freezes/hangs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Anyone interested in a FF extension that prepends the current container to the window title?

I've created a quick and dirty FF extension that will essentially do the above. I use ManicTime + Multi-Account Containers + Simple Tab Groups -- and that's been pretty good to keep a sprawling bunch of tabs in check, and has worked fairly well with ManicTime to autotag. However, I was really wanting to be able to autotag based on the current tab's container rather than just the group I was currently in.

For instance: have one tab group that represents an MSP I contract to with multiple tabs for their different clients open in that group in their own…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?