Skip to content

Feature requests

23 results found

1. Provide a Synology NAS AddOn to allow the server to run from these devices

There are many SMB's running their office tools on their Synology NAS. It would be pretty nice to have the Manic Time Server running on this platform too. MT is just the kind of tool/facility to run from a NAS, providing secure access from everywhere.

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 7 day work week in dashboard estimates

Greetings,

I love your app. There is literally no other app like it (that I could find).

In my person and team dashboard on ManicTime Server estimates use a 5 day work week.

I can't change it to a 7 day work week.

Please allow me to choose how many days count toward the estimate.

For example, if I say I expect 11 hours of work a day, then the estimate for the week says "55hrs expected". That should be "77hrs expected" if I choose a 7 day work week.

Regards,
    Simon

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merge Documents/Application Timelines from different devices

Using multiple devices in my workflow, and having changed computers a few times, I now have multiple Timelines for Application and Documents and it's very cumbersome to calculate how much time I have spend on a specific file/folder. It would be nice to have the option to merge multiple inputs to a single timeline. I understand the risk and/or possibility of concurrency or superposition but having 11 timeline to search through separately make time reporting more difficult.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to encrypt ManicTime Screenshots on client prior upload to Server to maintain privacy

When synchronizing data with manic time Server, all data (timeline, screenshot) etc. is available on manic time Server transparently to admins. This might be useful in some Environments. However, to us this means that we cannot protect our employee’s privacy when they synchronize with a corporate ManicTime server. If we had the option to encrypt content (especially screenshots) on the Client with a secret key only known to the employee’s manic time Desktop Instance (employee decides on which device he or she uses the key), we could protect the employees privacy and also provide the ability to synchronize multiple Clients…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stopwatch On Linux

One of my primary methods of using ManicTime is via the stopwatch. I've been keeping an eye on ManicTime Linux's development for some time, in hopes of eventually ditching Windows. It sounds like tracking is now pretty much there (except for screenshots) - but I wasn't able to figure out any way to use the stopwatch. Would be great if this would be implemented too!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to Track Productive / Non productive Settings Per User or Group

I would like to be able to mark certain applications or websites as productive for 1 user or department but unproductive for another user or department. Additionally I can't find anyway that the end user can see Productive/Unproductive on the client. What am I missing?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to modify teams via API

The ability to control the team member via an API to allow us to keep our sync with AD Users or other Project management software

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Renew the ManicTimeServer for macOS , you removed it because it didn't work , fix it and bring it back please

I was trying to install manic time server both from docker and not , and It didn't work so I contacted with you and you removed it because it was broken , looking forward for you uploading it again . thank you.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we removed it because a version of OSx (Mojave I think) required all packages to be signed. And we could not figure out how to sign the server which is not packed in .app file, but rather individual files. We do have build versions and they work fine, but once you try to install them OSx complains that they are not signed and it does not work.

We will try one more time.

9. Sum of active time shown on analytics/timeline

I review my employees time on web app screen analytics/timeline. I need to know the total activate time and look at the applications and files they had open. So it would be great to have the sum of active time to left or right of Computer usage bar

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would really like a screenshot playback like movie option from server to quickly review employee activity

I'm a consultant, and some of my clients use monitoring software. One of the features they want is the ability to view screenshots like a movie for a given user or workstation from the server. They run random audits where a supervisor comes into the office sits down with management at the server login and quickly runs through a few days of employee activity by watching the "movie" of screen shots.
    Would love to see this in ManicTime Server. If it were added I might be able to sell some clients on this solution.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personal Access Token in Jira Plugin

Our Jira server instance has captcha enabled for 3 consecutive faulty login attempts.
    Since our global password policy requires us to change password every three months it is often so that the password used in ManicTime is forgotten to be changed and thus the captcha mode in Jira is triggered.

ManicTime plugin cant handle captcha and just ignores updating tags not showing login error, but the login attempt has still occured and is logged by Jira triggering captcha mode.

This leads us having to contact support to clear captcha for us and this has a leadtime of several days minimum.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Minimum Hours for being counted present

Currently, Manictime server marks someone present if they have any time on the computer in a given day. However, it is not uncommon at our company for someone to log in to their computer via Remote Desktop for making arrangements for being OOO (specifically for sick leave).

It would be helpful to have a configurable minimum value that, if not exceeded, would indicate the person was absent for the day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically update Tag Time Day View after a client syncs

In the day view where you tag time, automatically update the screen after a client syncs or after x minutes.

I like to leave the browser open to the server. Right now, I have to reload the page to see new usage/tags/etc. that have synced. Automatically updating the screen would be helpful when you have multiple clients or with the Mac/Linux clients.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification or automatic update of ManicTime Server

When there is an update for ManicTime desktop client, it notifies you and let's you update.
    But there is no such mechanism for Server.

Worse, since server is often run like a headless appliance, and may not often be logged into by sys admin (more likely office admins/time keepers) it's not necessarily likely that this would be seen by those who can do someithing about it.

I'd like to see a mechanism where MT server will pop up a message for any MT server admin on login and (possibly) push a message to server admins via the MT desktop client…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Responsive or mobile friendly design for Server Frontend

The Website is currently unusable from mobile. Adding a Tag or changing some values are not doable, timeline view is too small.
    IT would be great to make at least a few features more mobile friendly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Application "titles" to be have productive/unproductive setting

Productive report for applications only has root level "productivity" choosing. It would be great if you could set it fro when drilling down into the application and do the same for application titles.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero Practice Manager (XPM) plugin

A plugin for being able to see all your jobs which exist in XPM on Manictime, would be amazing.
    Also syncing your timesheets back to XPM would be even better.
    Any SDK on how to create plugins? as might explore creating this for our company.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Additional scheduling options for email reports

The email reports feature could be useful with more options for scheduling. Daily for example is conspicuously absent, also days of the week or month. scheduling around pay periods would also be good ie. every 2 weeks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expected work days per week (Server)

Hi,

thank you for implementing the individual worktime settings for workhours.

http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/10220976-worktime-settings-per-user-per-day

In our company we have employees who work only 2 or 3 days a week. Can you add the possibility to set up the expected workdays per week?

Thank you very much!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to Filter the Productive, Neutral and Unproductive Column for Websites, Applications, and Documents.

It would tremendously reduce the time spent categorizing Websites, Applications, and Documents, if there were a filter on the productivity column. Having this function would allow filtering out everything I've already categorized as productive or unproductive, and show mostly things I've yet to categorize if I hadn't purposely left them as Neutral.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?