Feature requests

1. 117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    18 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A bug about recording "Form1.Designer.cs"

[Bug Report]
    When I edited the "View Designer" in Visual Studio(C#),I noticed that it was "Form1.cs" rather than "Form1.Designer.cs" that was recorded in the "documents timeline" of Manic Time.But in fact,the "View Designer" is editing "Form1.Designer.cs".So the record is wrong.
    By the way,thank you for providing the free version!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype Entreprise/Skype for business Plugin

Retrieve details of Skype Entreprise/Skype for business conversations (Title and participants) will be a very good feature !

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remember "periodically check if I am still working on this" settings

I use the above mentioned feature of the stopwatch every time, and I set it to remind me every 5 minutes. It would be useful if ManicTime remembered the state of the checkbox and how many minutes specified, then defaulted to that instead of 30 minutes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pomodoro technique

It would be great if ManicTime implemented a way of working easily with the Pomodoro Technique[1]. It could be a very simple implementation:

• A pomodoro checkbox in the stopwatch

• A way of setting intervals aka "pomodoros" (e.g., the classic 25 minutes work + 5 minutes break)

• A way of setting how many intervals before prompting for a longer break

• When an a break or interval is reached, the tags dialog pops up asking you to tag your time (e.g., whether you've just been working, or breaking)

ManicTime already does so much of what's required for a really rich Pomodoro experience…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export timelines (Auto-Tags) to CSV / Excel

In addition to the existing export functions i'd like to export the auto-tag timeline to csv.

Another nice feature would be an export of all timelines summarized.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter: history and tooltips

History of the last used (and possibly some more) filter terms or expressions.
    Tooltip for the most common expression keywords.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open source translations

Open source translations, - fast and correct - something like "Poedit" software, I am think that it is possible :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'd like to have a Linux-Version of ManicTime

<quote from Last Years Request Page: http://bit.ly/1J2m4Ns>
    As often requested in the old Forum, there are quite a few People that like to see a Linux-Version of ManicTime. Main-Focus may be Ubuntu for greatest audience.
    I'm a Software-Developer and currently ManicTime is the only reason I don't switch to Linux as Develoment Enviroment. Since I know ManicTime, I can't imagine to work without it ;(
    At best, you can modify the Windows-Version to run on Mono (Open Source .NET-runtime environment). This may work with very little effort.
    Greatest challenge would be to read address-bar of browsers on the different…

249 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have Linux tracker (tracking apps, browser usage with our browser plugin and screenshots), Linux server and now also cloud option.
    So there are two ways to use it on the Linux, either with on premise server or our cloud.

We realize that this does not satisfy everybody supporting this idea, but we need suggestions for more specific ideas.
    So we suggest more specific feature ideas are opened, so we can see which features are most desired and work on that.

10. Timer or notification every X minutes to tag last untagged time

I'd like to receive notification every X minutes prompting me to tag. Currently I can use Tag untagged time, but I need to trigger it manually.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pinned tags

I'd like to pin tags in Add tag window so I can quickly access them.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screenshot plugin

I would want the ability to take a screenshot every X minutes where i choose how many minutes and have those tie into the program so i can see what i was doing during the timeline.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories