Feature requests

1. Customizable Toolbar (like the Quick Access Toolbar in MS Office)

Would be a great help if I could customize a toolbar with the functions and reports I use most frequently - similar to what users can do in MS Office with the Quick Access Toolbar.

Right now, many of the tools I use all the time are hidden in menus that can only be accessed by clicking very small arrows on the far edges of my screen (e.g., tag editor, autotag editor, and advanced search). It's inefficient and feels very tedious. I would like to be able to create shortcuts for these functions as well as for the reports I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2-Way Sync of Tags From ManicTime to Harvest & Vice Versa

I've been testing saving Tags from ManicTime to the Harvest time tracking service. This is a one-way process from ManicTime to Harvest using the Harvest integration.

It would be great if there was a 2-way sync so that if time entries are created in Harvest, or edited there, that this is brought into/updated in ManicTime too. This would allow users to employ the Harvest mobile app to capture time when on site as well as capture time on their machines. It also would help avoid duplicate or overlapping time entries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mark tags from tag source

I do not want to run ManicTime Server on my computer, but I want to see which tags originate in my txt file tag source.

My use case: I automatically export tags from my employer's database and book the hours tagged in ManicTime automatically via a custom personal tool. The only time where I have to manually intervene is when I chose a tag that does not exist anymore.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How much I usage each computer monitor/screen

I would like to see how much I use my secondary monitor vs primary monitor for ergonomic reasons. This would help me to change behavior so I use my primary computer screen more.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add support for Connectwise OnPremise server

Please add support for self-hosted ConnectWise Manage server. We are currently unable to use plugin because we run a self-hosted ConnectWise Manage server.

Even though we can't currently use the plugin it was a real bonus to see you added in a CW plugin. I started using ManicTime & others use Toggle to make it easier to find what we were doing when filling out any missing time entries in CW Manage time sheets at the end of the week. Adding support for self-hosted would allow me to get my whole team onboard. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using Thumbnails/Images instead of colours for tags

Ability to set up a custom image (thumbnail/logo) for tagging in the timeline, instead of plain colour as it is now

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. customizable copy format of tagged time

at the moment, a simple "copy" of a tagged time results in a single line containing
    "tag" "start time" "end time" "duration" "notes without line break"

at the moment I miss the date here as well as line breaks that were originally inside the notes. For the time format I would not need seconds in the copy output.

maybe you could make the format customizable, or add date and linebreaks?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Visual Indicator for Gaps in Time During Day

Please add a visual indicator for where there are gaps in time during a day greater than a certain amount of time (say 5 to 15 minutes) and allow the addition of a tag for that time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Periodically Check to See if I am Still Working Is Broken

http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/9487788-remember-periodically-check-if-i-am-still-working

This was previously requested and marked as completed. However, the software no longer remembers your "periodically check if I am still working on this" settings. Any update on when this might be fixed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. csv export

Can you place the name tags between double quotes.
    When you use multiple labels Excel cant recognized it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Starting popup

Open a popup for entering a label when a program is started and assign this label to that program. (with filter selection)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More rounding options (5m, 10m) and hide seconds when rounding

Would be nice to have more options in the "Round to" drop list (like 5m & 10m).

When rounding is enabled, the seconds could be hidden from the generated report since they are always ':00'.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Paint with tags

Select a tag from a list and just use the cursor to apply to timeline. Right now you can do similar, but in reverse order. Select the time, click Add Tag, select tag from list. My idea would be to have a list on the side of the main screen while using the Paint Brush tool. The tool and tag stay active.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Select and copy fields from timesheet

Since I'm registering time with Oracle PSA I have to reenter the timesheet data manually in the fields of the Oracle PSA Web Application.
    It would help tremendously if it would be possible to select individual fields on the timesheet in MT and copy paste it into corresponding field of the PSA web Application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prevent the Escape key from closing the Notes window

I accidentally hit escape when typing my notes on occasion and it stinks because I write quite long notes at times.

This is more common for me because I type in Colemak and my "caps lock" key is an escape key.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Minimum Hours for being counted present

Currently, Manictime server marks someone present if they have any time on the computer in a given day. However, it is not uncommon at our company for someone to log in to their computer via Remote Desktop for making arrangements for being OOO (specifically for sick leave).

It would be helpful to have a configurable minimum value that, if not exceeded, would indicate the person was absent for the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Individual worktime days

Hi,

thank you for implementing the individual worktime settings for workhours.

http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/10220976-worktime-settings-per-user-per-day

In our company we have employees who work only 2 or 3 days a week. Can you add the possibility to set up the expected workdays per week?

Thank you very much!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to choose between dedicated tagging screen or standard screen to be opened when clicking on tag reminder

More often than not, I find the dedicated tagging screen more difficult to use than the standard ManicTime interface. It would be good to provide the user with the option to choose which one displays after clicking on the reminder that pops to ask you to tag the last untagged period of time (this reminder, by the way, is a killer feature from my humble point of view)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folderstructure Based Autotagging

I am a freelancer that uses Cinema 4d. I often switch between projects and documents. It would be great to have autotag support files that are used in a defined folder structure.

As an example: I am doing a project for Nike and I create a Nike Folder with an underying folderstructure onto my harddisk. In there, you will find client input, 2D concepts, budget calculations, 3D files, output towards the client. etc. etc.

I then could tell Manitime to autotag every file I create, edit or open from within that folderstructure to be the Nike job.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base