Feature requests

1. Tags Groups/Categories

I would like to group some Tags together for some calculations. This could be done either by Grouping Tags to one Aggregating Tag, and thus allowing Tree-Like structure, or by placing Tags to certain Categories (Forest-Like structure).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet"

Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet".

screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/y6rH1Udwj7wcM

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. a flag in the timeline showing previously billed time

I need the ability to place a flag stating when I last billed. Another way to implement this would be to either add another tag or change the current "billable" tag to "billed."

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tag/Comment the entire day of work

It would be useful to have the possibility to tag or comment the entire day in order to remember additional facts happened during the day.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Interface Skins and Classic Style UI

The old ManicTime looked so much better. I've been using only the classic 2.5.4.0 version as the tags, colours and theme are just so much better to read and represent. I really hate the new UI, sure it's easy enough to use the old version but after sometime lots of bugs and features will be left out to those who want to stick with the classic UI. Please offer Classic style and a Skins options for users, most great programs and techie programs have skinnable options. Nobody wants to be forced using a UI they dislike especially the new look…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Timesheet reports - highlight selection and calculate sum in status bar like Excel

This is me being lazy and generating a month report for example and clicking different entries for a total time of those highlighted entries.

After generating any type of report, I can either shift click a start and end point to multiple select or press CTRL and choose a number of different entries. It would be really good the total of this selection was calculated in the status bar, similar to Excel.

Screen shot of Excel of exported data for comparison of UI.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Day Duration by tagset

I'm a freelancer - I use my computer for work, as well as everything else. I would like to be able to see my day duration with tags only as 'work' or 'work'+'administration'. Or any other subset/filter.

I also use ManicTime for sleep tracking so it would be nice to see a week of sleep patterns side-by-side.

Same with the 'Attendance' it would be nice if I could consider a day 'attended' if there is a 'work' tag > 1h.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automated Alerts Based on Mid-Week Timesheet totals

Apparently I work too much...

It'd be great to set up an alert that monitors the totals of billable tags for a given date range and performs an action (alert, email, etc.) when a configured threshold is reached.

For Example:
    As a user, I want to create a recurring "timeline/tag summary alert" so that I receive a notification (via email) when the total time for a given tag exceeds a specified number of hours within a date range.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Jira Tags from the Jira Plugin configurable

Currently I have autotags which can generate tags of the format:
    JIRAKEY, #JIRAKEY-999
    However these don't match the tags from the plugin which are
    Jira Name, #JIRAKEY-999 Description of issue number nine nine nine

I would like to be able to specify how tags are formatted like so:
    tags: {PROJECT-KEY}, #{ISSUE-KEY}
    notes: {PROJECT-NAME}, {ISSUE-NAME}

In order for the save work to jira feature to work I'd need to have #{ISSUE-KEY} somewhere in tags, so perhaps a validation warning to that effect would be great.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Statutory holiday

When calculation work time. The statutory holidays should be considered

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows 10 Support for Multiple Desktops

I'm starting to implement the new "Desktops" feature of Windows 10 and splitting my workspaces to segment between the different desktops.

It appears that Maniac time can only track the desktop that it's currently tied to. This might be more of an OS thing as I realize that other applications are not aware of the same app that's open on another desktop either.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Centralized Management of Client Settings

We need a way be able to have Setting "Profiles" that are centrally stored and able to be assigned to users or groups of users (or everyone of course). Then the client would check in from time to time and obtain the latest settings.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Be able to Track Productive / Non productive Settings Per User or Group

I would like to be able to mark certain applications or websites as productive for 1 user or department but unproductive for another user or department. Additionally I can't find anyway that the end user can see Productive/Unproductive on the client. What am I missing?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Exclude full screen applications from screenshots

Right now we can include or exclude screenshots by window title. I don't want to capture screenshots when I am watching movies or playing games. Right now I have to put in a new exclude filter every time I install a new game.

Would be better if there was a checkbox "Do not take screenshots of full-screen applications"

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In timesheet view have the notes column auto expand to fit content (if there is space)

If I want to read my notes column in timesheet view I "always" need to expand it, please do this by default.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to modify teams via API

The ability to control the team member via an API to allow us to keep our sync with AD Users or other Project management software

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix Auto-Tag Issues

The auto-tag feature doesn't work flawlessly. When I'm working under 'Show only untagged activities' the auto-tags still show up with the rest of the untagged items even though they've already been tagged. This makes it seems like they haven't been tagged and would lead to re-tagging...defeating the purpose of auto-tag.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. teamViewer

TeamViewer Manager Data to Manic timeline with user filtering

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ZEI / Timeular

ZEI / Timeular provides a hardware time tracking solution (and 8 sided die that communicates w/ your PC /mobile via Bluetooth) that integrates with the Timeular app. Getting that connected to ManicTime would be FANTASTIC.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enter additional Location TimeLine

Add additional Metric with the Location Information (either automatic updated or manual entry) to have a track where you worked - has some tax impact in some countries.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base