Feature requests

1. ZEI / Timeular

ZEI / Timeular provides a hardware time tracking solution (and 8 sided die that communicates w/ your PC /mobile via Bluetooth) that integrates with the Timeular app. Getting that connected to ManicTime would be FANTASTIC.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Syncing timeline/s

I use several computers. It would be great if manictime synced so that I only need to check one manictime timeline.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux

Please add SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux. The current configuration file has a reference to protocol using HTTPS but no way to configure HTTPS with a Certificate.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easier custom statistics: documents by wildcards

Backstory:

I'm using the free version of MT on Windows for self-tracking for over 3 years.

Recently I wanted to see total time working on particular drawing, and I was able to do it like this:

Statistics - Custom - Add - Timeline: Documents (at top) - Files (at left).

Now at right there is a huge list of filenames gathered in these years, some with paths, some not, even some with quirky path formats like "(D:) drivename / path / deeperpath / file_name.ext" (with parentheses, slashes and spaces exactly like that).

The filelist takes around 10 seconds…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. disabling the delete feature with password

only enabling deleting entries etc with a password?

Basically, what im trying to achieve by this is accountability - so i dont want the employees being able to delete their logs - or even just disabling the delete feature with a password?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stopwatch On Linux

One of my primary methods of using ManicTime is via the stopwatch. I've been keeping an eye on ManicTime Linux's development for some time, in hopes of eventually ditching Windows. It sounds like tracking is now pretty much there (except for screenshots) - but I wasn't able to figure out any way to use the stopwatch. Would be great if this would be implemented too!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New & less intrusive Away Time popup mode

Small suggestion for Away time.

Issue: having that window opening each time can be frustrating if one wants to close it most of the times.

My example: this issue for me occurs when I study with a PDF of exercises opened on the PC, so screen goes off after 5 mins but I take 10mins to do an exercise, when I come back to see the PDF then the window appears with 10min away time, each time I have to close it and that's annoying. I already set 15 minutes to "track inactivity if PC is idle for more than",…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [security] add client verification of server certificate

Allow the client to require a specific certificate or certificate authority on the server. Manictime carries a lot of potentially sensitive information for me. In theory if someone wanted, they could create a server that would accept any credentials from a manic time client and accepts the entire upload by pretending to be the server the client normally connects to. This would allow the client to validate that the server is in fact who is expected. And as a result stop this potential information leak.

On a more practical note where would this be useful:
    You have a laptop that…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Autotagging for manictime cloud

Automatic tagging for manic time cloud.
    Creating an engine for tagging documents/activities/websites based off of defined criteria.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Differentiate Between Chrome and Canary Chrome

I do most of all my internet browsing in normal Chrome, but I use Canary for developing (https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/). It would be useful to see 2 applications: Chrome and Chrome Canary. This way I can automatically tag based on application.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alerts

Add to "Create alert" window one more option:

i want to use ????? MINIMUM than XX minutes per day.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search in multiple timeline at the same time

It wuold be helpfull extend the search (optionally ) to more than one timeline at the time. In this way the same 'term' will fire the related autotag independently from the timeline.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Autotask Integration

Since you have ConnectWise integration -- it seems like you might also consider providing Autotask integration (www.autotask.net).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Renew the ManicTimeServer for macOS , you removed it because it didn't work , fix it and bring it back please

I was trying to install manic time server both from docker and not , and It didn't work so I contacted with you and you removed it because it was broken , looking forward for you uploading it again . thank you.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tag Editing Tools - Move/Drag, Cut/Split

More vesitility for tag placement and editing. This could work similar to how a video editing program like Final Cut X works.

1. Move/Drag Tags - Click hold and drag to move tags to a different location on the timeline. This is especially usefull for planing a day with tags as planned time blocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlZC2GZd_Q

2. Cut/split tags - this would be usefull for editing tags that were placed previously but a change is desired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVcx24lCvzg

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Screenshot difference compression

Manictime's screenshot feature is a life saver. But it also takes up a ton of space using a full separate image for each screenshot. 90% of the time, adjacent screenshots are nearly identical, except for some text on the screen. Huge storage efficiency could be gained by using difference calculation between screenshots.

For example:
    1. Every 10 minutes, take a fresh screenshot. Store it as a png like normal.
    2. Every 15 seconds thereafter, take a new screenshot to memory
    3. Using a library like ImageMagick, calculate the subtraction from the most recent png screenshot and the new screenshot in…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Autotag to cloud or automatic copy of autotags to tags

There are similar ideas for desktop statistics, but let me explain a workflow we are using with Cloud version.

First of all, we went with Manic Time because for our use case it almost works automatically. Also our Manic Time use is based on trust.

So we have a first rule that if you do something personal, you stop Manic Time.

We also have a rule for work browser and personal browser (which we have excluded from tracking) because these days you "have to" do some personal browsing through out the day.

Then we have a set of apps that…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ignore 'all-day' and 'free' events on Google Calendar

I've just configured a Google Calendar timeline, and it's showing 'All-day' events, and events I have marked as 'free'. I'd like the option to hide events based on whether they're all-day, or whether I've said 'yes', 'maybe' or 'no', along with the usual 'busy'/'free'. Ideally I'd like to have only events that are not all-day and I've either said 'yes' to or marked as busy.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base