Skip to content

Feature requests

157 results found

1. Manual overwrite

Allow a designated tag to overwrite another tag. Suppose you've tagged Task A from 10:00 to 10:15. Then you look and you see that you took a phone call - Task B - from 10:05 to 10:10. If you just tag Task B from 10:05 to 10:10, you'll have that portion double-tagged. But I'd like to manually overwrite so that Task A is broken into two segments (10:00 to 10:05 and 10:10 to 10:15, totaling 10 mins) and Task B overwrites the time for 10:05 to 10:10, totaling 5 minutes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show which type of data will be deleted in confirm screen

Currently when you highlight a timespan in the timeline you get the option to delete a number of things: tags, applications, screenshots, everything, etc. Once you clicked you get a confirmation dialog with title "Delete" and text "Are you sure?".

It would be better if the type of data you're deleting is shown once more in the title of this dialog.

(It's mostly "screenshots" and "delete all" which scare me because they're next to each other in the menu, and I'm not sure the "Undo" function restores screenshots once deleted.)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Costs too much for individual personal license

I can't pay $60 or $70 for a single user license. I want to use it for personal use, at work, not as a contractor, to track how I spent my time so I can enter my time in JIRA more accurately (since I have little sense of time at the end of the day). I sure would like a coupon code or a middle pricing tier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Persist time selection across category

When a user clicks between Computer Usage, Applications or Documents the time (item row they selected) is reset to the start of the day. (aka the start of the list) In my opinion it should start at the same selected (if there is a time in that category) OR the closest available. Sometimes I click between the few to get an idea of what I was doing that day to get a full picture.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow a statistic to contain values from multiple timelines

I would like to be able to combine values from multiple timelines into a single statistic so that they appear in a single combined bar in the chart.

Example:

Active Time + Label: Sales Meeting

I don't want to have to manually label all of my active time, but I do want to be able to see how much time I spend "working", which for me would be (all active time + specific labels).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Timesheet Date Option: "All to date"

Similar to "Month to date", etc. I would like an option to view all timesheet data which is stored, even going back previous years.

I can set this date manually (with some trial and error I can find the "start" date), but if I save the report with the date range, it will save today as the end date, so I'd always have to remember to update the end date when re-running the report, then re-saving.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More Automation

I would like automatic tagging to be able to assign a tag with client name, based on duration email is open or being drafted based on matching email address to list of client names and addresses. I would like the tag to include the activity "email" and a description "the subject line of the email". Similarly for documents worked on in an application I would like a tag based on folder name where document is stored matched to a list of client names and folder names; with the name of the document in the description spot and the application name…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Chargeability percentage in main view

Would be nice to have an option to show changeability percentage for each day somewhere in the toolbar. Additionally also in the reports for day/week/month/year etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow single tag to span midnight

Adding tags crossing midnight splits them into two instances of tagged time. I'd like to be able to easily estimate contiguous time spanning the day boundary, but it requires tagging twice and performing arithmetic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hit Y instead of mouse click when asked "are you still working on ..?

Hit Y instead of mouse click. I am often working on the key board. In order to confirm i have to move my hand to the mouse click the Yes and move back to the keyboard to continue. Hitting Y or Alt Y would be better i think

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. teamViewer

TeamViewer Manager Data to Manic timeline with user filtering

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to fix Screenshot alignment

While moving the mouse curser over the timeline, the position of the thumbnail often flips ... from the left to the right of the cursor.
    This makes it sometimes very difficult to catch the screenshots.
    I'd prefer am option to "lock the position of the screenshot" to ONE side of the cursor. Even if they get out of sight in extreme situations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to report outdated documentation

I'd like to see this feature on your support website. The documentation is outdated on some pages and tells me to go to places that don't exist or show screenshots from older versions of the application which have changed.
    for example http://support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/686349-advanced-search
    It would be nice if on the support article we could report outdated information so that it could be updated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export timesheet to any

Export the timesheet to any web-based time entry application by using web scraping like selenium.http://www.seleniumhq.org

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How much I usage each computer monitor/screen

I would like to see how much I use my secondary monitor vs primary monitor for ergonomic reasons. This would help me to change behavior so I use my primary computer screen more.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SolidWorks tracking and Draftsight tracking of files names and types can have same names

SolidWorks can produce many files with the same name, but different extensions. Also track or extract the data from SolidWorks PDM such and checking out and in same file, create dates for drawings, elapsed time postable into the title block of the prints and include model create and duration of time on each version, user ID's tied to model, assembly and print data....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Minimize Screenshot viewer when main window is minimized

I use ManicTime on two monitors, with the Screenshot viewer full-screen on the second monitor. When I'm done with ManicTime and I minimize the main window, it would be nice if the Screenshot viewer minimized as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add auto-tag based on "root" url/document/application. Ex. Tag every page resulting from news.google.com as "NotWork"

The title is pretty self-explanatory. But to elaborate; I am to the point where I have a ton of auto-tags for random urls when in reality most of them are a result of me browsing from another known source...like news.google.com, reddit.com, etc. So, it would really clean things up and allow for more flexible tagging if I could setup auto-tags to use the previous domain/document as filter criteria.

It would ideally work similarly to the "Stalker Option" in the StayFocusd chrome extension. With that option, I only have to add a few "root" urls like reddit, google news, facebook, etc.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t think this is doable. We would not only have to track current url, but somehow track the previous url.
    Just blindly saying that the url before this one is previous would be wrong if for example you just switched tabs. Every time you would switch tabs, we would think that the url in first tab is previous url of the second tab.

19. Allow MT to self-diagnose and repair the screen-shot function ...

Screen capture keeps falling over on all my machines. If MT could confirm the last save and run the recommended repair sequence automatically (and hidden) if the screenshot was not obtained, there would be no need for the Admin to do it every few days :)

I'm a fan of software keeping itself alive when the manual fix is the same every time.

Great software btw :)!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not create screenshot if nothing has changed

ManicTime should compare the new screenshot with the last one. If nothing has changed, it should not create a new file. This helps with low intervals. Of course this would work much better if the mouse pointer is not part of the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests