Feature requests

1. Ability to reorder saved Timesheet reports

My list of Timesheets (in the "Load" drop-down) is getting long and I wish there were a way to manage them better. Ideally, It'd be great if there were grouping options, but at the least, I'd like to be able to change the order of them in the list. Right now it seems that it just orders them by "create date" - with the newest ones at the bottom of the list.

I wondered if perhaps they were stored in a config text file and would be easy to reorder, but I didn't find any, so I guess they are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. save statistics page for later

currently, it is already possible to save the statistics graph as an image.

i would like to be able to save the data i'm browsing as an internal manictime file, that i could open later and see the same results, being able to tweak them. essentially, then, loading this saved file would open up the statistics page with the filters and results loaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show additional timeline bar for alternate time zone (just like in Outlook Calendar)

This is in reference to the timeline bar in the Day view of the ManicTime UI. It would be quite handy to add a second timeline bar showing the time for a different time zone (similar to how Microsoft Outlook displays).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zoom in on Timesheet view

It would be nice if I could make the font in the timesheet view larger. Using the scroll wheel would be most intuitive, but + / - buttons would be ok as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. in the add tags window, show tags hierarchy and last used tags in separate tabs in the same window

When tagging, the "Add tags" window always shows the list of last used tags, and a button to access the hierarchical view in yet another window.
    I always use the tags hierarchy. It would be much more convenient if, for instance, the list of last used tags and the hierarchy were under different tabs on the right side of the window, and the last tab used was memorized from one call to the next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom alert for Tag level 1 based on duration for specific period (month)

The possibility to set an alarm would be VERY very helpful, if in a certain period (e.g. month) a certain tag on level 1 (!) Has done a user-defined number of hours.

In this way, a service contingent for a specific customer can be tracked and maintained very easily.

Or does something already exist? So far, you can only create notes for a day and not at the tag level.

I would be happy if that would work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add Persian calendar to ManicTime

Iranian people use Solar Hijri calendar:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SolarHijricalendar

Microsoft added it to Windows 10 Calenders'. Please you do it too and let Iranian use ManicTime efficiently.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shortcuts to navigate in the application and timeline

To be really fast with my time booking and navigation, I would prefer to have a better shortcut integration, for example to switch between days or to start a tag after the last finished tag in the day. Also flying through the screenshots would be nice on the keyboard. This would improve the efficiency very much I think.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow MT to self-diagnose and repair the screen-shot function ...

Screen capture keeps falling over on all my machines. If MT could confirm the last save and run the recommended repair sequence automatically (and hidden) if the screenshot was not obtained, there would be no need for the Admin to do it every few days :)

I'm a fan of software keeping itself alive when the manual fix is the same every time.

Great software btw :)!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A way to enlarge the tooltip hover screenshots

They are too small to be useful, and using the F12 function works but it requires me to adjust the divider to make it large enough to view anyway. Just having a much larger hover screenshot would work perfectly!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Colorblind Mode

I don't know if this is the only instance of this, but colors like this make it impossible for me (and approx. 10% of the population) to use this feature efficiently.

Offering a colorblind mode, or a way to customize colors when they are used, would be be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow single tag to span midnight

Adding tags crossing midnight splits them into two instances of tagged time. I'd like to be able to easily estimate contiguous time spanning the day boundary, but it requires tagging twice and performing arithmetic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Application "titles" to be have productive/unproductive setting

Productive report for applications only has root level "productivity" choosing. It would be great if you could set it fro when drilling down into the application and do the same for application titles.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Jira Tags - Limit tags available to issues configured, pinned, and used with last # of days

I am currently using the Jira plugin and it works well with the configuration . However one little point that is annoying is that the history of used tags has grown to be years long. This includes the same tag but with notes. This is great for the same day, same week, maybe even month, but beyond that it becomes unwieldy as the newest, most current, unused tags are placed at the bottom of the tag list. If the tags could be the issues that match the Jira tag configs, plus any pinned tag, and then the history of tags…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. silence pop ups

I often am sharing my screen for presentations. I've set up the pop-ups to confirm what you're working on. During presentations, it would be great to be able to suppress pop ups for a period of time (1/2 hour increments) rather than have to turn off pop ups then re-enable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Grasshopper for Rhino 3D document tracking

I have had Manictime for about a year now and I just realized that the document time for Rhino3D does not include the working time while I am in the Grasshopper window, this is totally necessary for the time tracking to meet my needs as I spend a significant portion of my computer time in the grasshopper environment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tag Editing Tools - Move/Drag, Cut/Split

More vesitility for tag placement and editing. This could work similar to how a video editing program like Final Cut X works.

1. Move/Drag Tags - Click hold and drag to move tags to a different location on the timeline. This is especially usefull for planing a day with tags as planned time blocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlZC2GZd_Q

2. Cut/split tags - this would be usefull for editing tags that were placed previously but a change is desired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVcx24lCvzg

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Installation without admin rights

ManicTime needs admin rights for installation which is restricted in lots of companies. But there are software which can be installed without admin rights like Visual Studio Code. It is installed in C:\users\youruser\AppData\Local\Programs

It would be very nice if manic time could do the same if it's possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. off the record

I love the go off the record until tomorrow.

Could you add a setting for "what time" tomorrow starts?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email on large chunks of inactivity ...

It would nice if the unit would email (hidden) when it is sitting without an action for more than x amount of time, allowing management to see a break in activity.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base