Feature requests

1. Automatic fill in-between tagged acitvities

I use files and filter tags to categorize my time. after I've done this I'm often left with a lot of small strips of tagged time with a lot of small untagged time in between, as shown in the screenshot. In order to know the full time I spent on the activities I need to manually expand the tags to fill the entire time. It would be nice to have an option when we right-click on a selected area, to automatically expand the tags to fill the in-between untagged time according to the surrounding tag. There could be a treshold…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcuts for Billable flag

When a tagged entry it highlighted, ability to press "B" (or some other key) to quickly toggle the billable flag. Would also be nice to do so in the Add Tag window - currently you can type the Tag(s) and tab down to the Notes but there is no way to toggle the billable flag without pressing Tab numerous times to focus it (and it doesn't put dots or anything around it when you've focused it) or reaching for the mouse

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make 'Tag picker' a permanent selection

Instead of display the 'Tag picker' as a modal dialog make it a switchable selection in the 'Add tag' dialog.

The 'Add tag' could display a list of pinned or last used tags.

Below it there could be either a list of all tags/tag combinations or the 'Tag picker'. This selection should be reused, when displaying the 'Add tag' dialog the next time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tag Reminder as New Window

I don't ever really see the little bubble notifications in the corner of the screen reminding me about my current timer, or to tag untagged time.

It would be nice if a new window could pop up, or a sound.

I have two monitors, and I am rarely looking at that bottom corner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-clear filter when lower-left-window is cleared (all items tagged)

In the Day view, if I filter by an application (double-click in the lower-right window).
    Then in the lower-left window I clear all the issues by assigning them to tags, I want the filter to clear automatically and go back to the full application view again. You could make this an option if someone didn't want it to happen.
    I must waste several minutes per day either going down to the filter box and clearing, or clicking to another timeline and back again to clear it. I can't see any reason why I'd want the filter to remain especially if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merged Timelines View

It would be very helpful to be able have a merged timeline view with the Applications and Documents merged together. This would give you a much better view of where you spent your time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow range of hours, not just days

In custom date range selection, allow also to choose the time of day, i.e. yesterday (or other date) between 1-3 pm.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy screenshots to clipboard

To speed up to process getting a screenshot into a document, email, web or whatever, it would be awesome to not only save and open a screenshot but also copy it direct to the clipboard, from where it can go anywhere

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. zendesk

Please add support for Zendesk

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Syncing timeline/s

I use several computers. It would be great if manictime synced so that I only need to check one manictime timeline.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. christian.sabourin@gmail.com

Document support on MacOs
    It seems the tracker only takes websites into account on the MacOs tracker. I use Word, Sublime Text, Adobe CC, none of the files they open seems to appear in the Document Timeline. That makes it near impossible to have AutoTags

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Individual height scaling of timelines

Instead of scaling all timelines together, it would be much more convenient to scale each timelines height individually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic tag rules limited by time

It would be interesting have the possibility to limit a tag rule to a specific limit of time. Example of use: a common file name used to identify a specific project, but that in the future (or in the past) maight be used for other projects (eg default applications filenames like MS Office).

Bye

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto Tag details

I'd like to see the details of what makes up my auto tags. I have one called Development that consists of various software I use when developing apps. It would be great if I could filter by that Auto Tag, but still see the data for the individual apps that make up that Auto Tag.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. show daily net hours on top bar

The top bar shows "day start", "day end" , "duration" on the right. It would be great to see "active" duration also to see, the active hours without checking the statistics tab

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. shortcut screenshot

Allow to modify the shortcuts to view/manage screenshots. F11 and F12.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Timesheet Daily Notes

Please add the ability to export or view the timesheet notes by day rather than just combined in the last column. That way the tag notes can show what was worked on each day which is often required for projects.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customise export formatting

Customise how ManicTime can export time entries (or timesheets), by being able to add fields and separators.

For example, to export time into Carpe Diem Web, the format required is: Tags and narrations in double-quotation marks, and time in decimal hours shown with the word "hour" after.

In this case, the ManicTime user could go into ManicTime's Settings, and set up the formatting for exporting to the clipboard as:
    > Time (decimal)
    > Text: " hour ""
    > Tag1
    > Text: " "
    > Notes
    > Text """

ManicTime users who use other similar time-entry software can customise their export…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Resize Mini Window vertically

I find the new feature mini window very useful. However, I would like to enlarge the font size as the texts in mini window are too small on high-resolution screen, but I can only resize the mini window horizontally for now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base