Feature requests

1. Remember statistics screen tab

On the statistics screen i always look at the "top tags"

It would be nice that manic time remembers that this was the tab that was last viewed, so the next time i go to statistics it already opened "top tags"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic fill in-between tagged acitvities

I use files and filter tags to categorize my time. after I've done this I'm often left with a lot of small strips of tagged time with a lot of small untagged time in between, as shown in the screenshot. In order to know the full time I spent on the activities I need to manually expand the tags to fill the entire time. It would be nice to have an option when we right-click on a selected area, to automatically expand the tags to fill the in-between untagged time according to the surrounding tag. There could be a treshold…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sound when an event occurs

One feature, which has been constantly neglected so far is -- sound --. The idea is to connect a sound with a certain event, usually when a time interval is over.

To emphasize, that I'm not alone in this wish, I'm summarizing the threads which has also expressed this issue:

• (37 Votes) Pomodoro settings : - sound notification when the break is over

• (3 Votes) Tag Reminder as New Window : - a window pop up with sound.

• (6 Votes) Pomodoro Timer steals focus: use system tray pop up as an option : a sound could be played to emphasize…
    23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to not show notes in 'Add tag' window

Every time I want to choose a tag, the previous typed notes are also saved to choose from (see attachment)
    I would only like to choose from tags. And then still I would like to use the notes field, but only to be saved for that specific activity.

Under settings, Display, you can choose not to show Notes in 10 recent tags drop down menu, and to not show them in summary in bottom right, but you can't remove them from Add tag window. A similar setting would be helpful in this window too.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Timesheet: Quarter Date Range

Allow for options in the Timesheet to be "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", and "Last 3 Months" to be compatible with the 4 Quarters in a year (Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-June, Q3 July-Sept, Q4 Oct-Dec)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix Auto-Tag Issues

The auto-tag feature doesn't work flawlessly. When I'm working under 'Show only untagged activities' the auto-tags still show up with the rest of the untagged items even though they've already been tagged. This makes it seems like they haven't been tagged and would lead to re-tagging...defeating the purpose of auto-tag.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Merge tags / autotags

I'm finding that I have lots of near-duplicate autotags in my system. I would like to clean this up by merging similar autotags, but there's no easy way to do this. Ideal workflow would be something like:

Select two tags.
    Click "Merge tags."
    Optionally update tag title.
    All rules from both tags now appear under the one remaining tag.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. rememeberthemilk plugin

Could be interesting to have a plugin that links the rememeberthemilk.com task manager with manic time so yo can auto tag your time or start asign your time with the tasks on RTM

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show URL in the applications list

I'd like to see the URL in the application list. It currently only shows the title of the page, but when working on a ticketing system, it can always be the same title, but at least with the URL we can quickly search for ticket ID. It would also be nice if we could have a contextual menu (right-click) option to open the URL in the browser (like in the documents list).

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. visual studio

I see a plugin for Visual Studio. Can you please create plugins for Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, and Atom.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. VSO/VSTS Integration

I noticed there is a Plug for Git. I would like plugins for VSO (cloud) and VSTF (on-prem) integration.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for ADOBE SUITE + MAXON CINEMA 4D DOCUMENTS

I have tried Manictime, and it meet my needs. But I'm a Designer, I use about all the Adobe CC Suite, and Cinema 4D (well sometime I use Blender too). Unfortunatly Manictime doesn't record such documents, and so I can't filter them. I think that Manictime could meet the interest of lot of designer, if you add such feature. Yhanks very much.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stretch/Scale Screenshots Option

There should be an option to make the screenshots stretch/scale in the viewer window while outside (and even inside) freeze mode.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do not create screenshot if nothing has changed

ManicTime should compare the new screenshot with the last one. If nothing has changed, it should not create a new file. This helps with low intervals. Of course this would work much better if the mouse pointer is not part of the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Exif data to screenshots to improve windows search

It would be cool if the URL, window title etc is added to the Exif data of a screenshot file. By that it would be possible to search for screenshots by keywords through the Windows Explorer. Attached you find an example.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Android Client should log the names of all used aplications - same way as the desktop app

Could you please update the Android Client so that it is automatically logging the names of used applications the same way that the desktop application does?

This is a deal-breaker for a lot of the clients using it. Just seeing active is nice but it would be way more useful if at least the names of the used applications would be logged. And that should be hard to implement in code at all (speaking as a software engineer).

Thank you

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GotoMeeting Add in

I really like the Lync/Skype for Business add-in. I would like to see one for GoToMeeting as well. Manic time used to record the GTM as screenshots, but it no longer does.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Email on large chunks of inactivity ...

It would nice if the unit would email (hidden) when it is sitting without an action for more than x amount of time, allowing management to see a break in activity.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow MT to self-diagnose and repair the screen-shot function ...

Screen capture keeps falling over on all my machines. If MT could confirm the last save and run the recommended repair sequence automatically (and hidden) if the screenshot was not obtained, there would be no need for the Admin to do it every few days :)

I'm a fan of software keeping itself alive when the manual fix is the same every time.

Great software btw :)!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Screenshots available in AutoTag timeline

Screenshots are currently limited to Application and Document timelines it seems (this is logical)

When I suspect my rules have incorrectly matched something, there is no way to see the screenshot captured at that point. I think that would be quite useful as a quick mechanism to confirm the auto tag in question

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base