Feature requests

1. Ability to assign monthly hours goal per tag

Be able to add in tags and assign a monthly goal for hours assigned to this tag. Actively track actual time assigned to tag vs. goal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PHPStorm plugin

A plugin for #PHPStorm would be great! Maybe you can use https://github.com/wakatime/jetbrains-wakatime as a basis?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automatically open screenshot viewer on second monitor option

Having an option/checkbox you can include in "Settings" to automatically open screenshot viewer on a second monitor would be really good, so that you don't have to press F12 to open it every the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Until next boot" time tracking off option

Often times my usage times are not in one big, continuous chunk, but involve multiple boots. What this means is sometimes, I want to turn off the tracking which I have to do using the "Go Off The Record" option, in which the most appropriate option is "Until you turn on".

When I do this, I MUST turn it back on manually after boot for it to start/continue tracking, which is easy to forget the next day/morning and indeed I have done so :( A simple option that auto tracks on boot could really help.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Citavi Plugin

A Plugin to see which project is opened in Citavi would be nice. Currently I have multiple projects there and can only track that through the application timeline where i cant tell the projects apart.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Track the folders wgere the project files are located

It would be nice if it was possible to track the Folder were the files are located. Most businesess use a folder structure that represents all the projects that are running. This way you only need to track the folder P:\clients\project.. and all files with this string will be tracked for one project.

Thanks,
    Jaap

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Comparing Estimated time with actual time

Estimated time for a project/task is often different from the actual time spent. It would be great if there's a feature that showed the difference

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hit "play" on a previous tagged entry to start timer again

After working on Task A, you switch to Task B and create the new tags. Then, when you want to switch back to Task A, it would be nice if you could just right click on the previous block of time (or select from the drop down in the corner) to start the timer again for Task A. Instead of having to retype in the popup (just takes more time).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add ctrl+A screenshot to select entire day in timeline

Once I finished tracking all periods in a day, I like to select all the rest and assign a generic non-billable task, so I know that the entire day is accounted for. This would make that task much faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple monitors registrations

It will be usefull, in a muli-monitor enviroment, to have a timeline for every monitor.
    Sometime I see that the product register Outlook for long time, only because I was working on the other monitor.
    Have a timeline for every monitor will be usefull

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Point in Time Markers

Ability to add Point-In-Time Markers to any of the timelines.

I have a custom timeline that pulls from a local web source - it shows me my telephone logs - incoming and outgoing calls. Timelines work great for that because there is a start and a finish.

I want to also show when I receive and send SMS messages as well. I can already import them from my phone - but they are point in time - not duration.

Right-click -> Add Marker
    Select the Icon, enter the time it occurred at, one or more tags, and notes.

It would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please focus "Tags" input after click on "Tag last untagged time"

Maybe a Bug or missing Feature.
    Using "Tag last untagged time" as described on
    https://manictime.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/686274-tag-last-untagged-time

on Windows 10.
    The Cursor blinks on the "Tags" input field, but typing do NOT appear there.
    Have to click it with the mouse first, then typing works.

Hint: using a shortcut to open the "Tag last untagged time" works better, typing is possible without mouseclick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. show daily net hours on top bar

The top bar shows "day start", "day end" , "duration" on the right. It would be great to see "active" duration also to see, the active hours without checking the statistics tab

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shortcuts to navigate in the application and timeline

To be really fast with my time booking and navigation, I would prefer to have a better shortcut integration, for example to switch between days or to start a tag after the last finished tag in the day. Also flying through the screenshots would be nice on the keyboard. This would improve the efficiency very much I think.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disabling Screenshots for specific applications

It should be possible to specify applications or websites for which no screenshots should be taken.
    If you have applications or websites with confident information (such for example password tools or financial tools) it is not desirable that these contents are visible by others in screenshots.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Function to distinguish 2 programs that share the same .exe name?

I don't know where to ask this so might as well do it here.
    I have 2 video games that use the same engine, so when I launched them they both have the same name (ex: engine.exe) but they both have different title name of course. The application tracker treats them as the same thing and lump their hours up together. Is there a way to separate them somehow?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. zendesk

Please add support for Zendesk

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You need a much better way to deal with conflicts in autotags

Conflicts in autotags are taking me forever. There are so many of them. You need a feature that detects them and that has some form of wizard that will scroll through them all and just ask the user to select which is the tag they want most, either on a day basis or by project, or some other way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic prompt for call notes

For the add in call log on Android, it would be nice to be prompted in some way to enter notes about the call which can make it easier to recall events and subjects when tagging later

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve to save new edited tags

When I edit new tag, and key in esc, the edit window is closed and the typed text is gone. In this case please ask to save or forgett the text. Another tip is save text in between with key ctrl-S, not only with OK button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base