Feature requests

1. Integrate with fitness-tracking apps like Garmin Connect, UA Record, MyFitness Pal, etc.

I would like for ManicTime to go beyond "work tracking" and be my single "life tracking" app. To do so, it would have to gather up data from my various life tracking sources. For instance, I would like to have a view of my running/cycling/swimming training, my calorie consumption, and my sleep history next to my work history to see trends. (Some apps also track "mood"...that might be interesting to see along side work activity!)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Commit Messages Timeline ( SVN & Git )

I would love it if manictime could create a timeline from commit messages in source control systems.

Personally I would like SVN and Git timelines.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Jira Tags from the Jira Plugin configurable

Currently I have autotags which can generate tags of the format:
    JIRAKEY, #JIRAKEY-999
    However these don't match the tags from the plugin which are
    Jira Name, #JIRAKEY-999 Description of issue number nine nine nine

I would like to be able to specify how tags are formatted like so:
    tags: {PROJECT-KEY}, #{ISSUE-KEY}
    notes: {PROJECT-NAME}, {ISSUE-NAME}

In order for the save work to jira feature to work I'd need to have #{ISSUE-KEY} somewhere in tags, so perhaps a validation warning to that effect would be great.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. IntelliJ/Eclipse

Tracking of open Projects instead of file names when working in IntelliJ or Eclipse so AutoTag can be used on the IDEs.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Ability to Specify Tag Beginning... Now.

Ideally I could hit a button to define what Im working on starting right then (eg Project A), and then hit the button a time later when I switch to something else (eg Project B) and so on with projects and lunch etc so that at the end of the day a complete profile would exist based on the projects I specified I was working on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. archive

archivate a year. I'm alone and my DB is about 500MO so it slow to start server

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. tag delete confirm

when I go to delete a tag, it always says 'Are you sure'. Need an option to turn this confirmation off and on

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automated Alerts Based on Mid-Week Timesheet totals

Apparently I work too much...

It'd be great to set up an alert that monitors the totals of billable tags for a given date range and performs an action (alert, email, etc.) when a configured threshold is reached.

For Example:
    As a user, I want to create a recurring "timeline/tag summary alert" so that I receive a notification (via email) when the total time for a given tag exceeds a specified number of hours within a date range.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Day Duration by tagset

I'm a freelancer - I use my computer for work, as well as everything else. I would like to be able to see my day duration with tags only as 'work' or 'work'+'administration'. Or any other subset/filter.

I also use ManicTime for sleep tracking so it would be nice to see a week of sleep patterns side-by-side.

Same with the 'Attendance' it would be nice if I could consider a day 'attended' if there is a 'work' tag > 1h.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. find overlaps and give option on how to deal

when I am manually tagging time slots I sometimes drag the mouse too far and overlap an already tagged item , especially if the first tag was a very small time (tagged by auto-tag) and is hard to see.

so would be good to have a feature that finds these overlap tags and ask if a person wants to keep the overlap or choose one of them

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3cx timeline

I'd like to have a timeline for my calls using 3cx softphone

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding to the program types of user ( administrator / user)

• Possibility block the user from changing the program options

• Permit / block editing a selected timeline

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Combined View

I'd like to be able to combine Documents, Applications and Tags all into one single view where I can see them merged together to get better layered timeline of what I worked on during the day rather than having to look at each one separately.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Highlight entries in time sheet

How about a feature in which we could highlight particular entries in timesheets/reports, and keep those highlighted so that when I click on "generate report" it already has those entries highlighted from last time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Total in Top Tags Statistics view

I'd like to see a total in the Top Tags Statistic view exactly like how the Day view does. As a salary employee it will let me know if I've made my 40 hours of work for the week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stacked Bar Chart

I just started using manic time and I'm really enjoying it. I'd like to be able to create a stacked bar chart to give a better visual representation of my day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MySQL as a database backend

I would find it very helpful if manic time supported MySQL as a database backend.

In the environment I work in all of our backend systems already use MySQL and it would be much more convenient if Manic Time did too so that we could easily query data across our databases.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. detect activity of programs

Some jobs require rendering or export session, during this time the program still working on the project even if i dont move the mouse, but Manic time register as "away". It would be nice if the tracking remain active during the programs activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. clipboard tracking

To speed up tagging time with notes and to have another tool to see what I was doing, it would be nice to have a timeline that is tracking what was in the clipboard. Then it would be nice to be able to access what was in the clipboard during a time being tagged, so that as I am entering in notes for the time tagged I can paste items that were in the clipboard.

To give you my real case scenario. I'm an IT service provider that bills by the hour. I see error messages, run commands, and go…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base