Feature requests

1. Enable auto-tag of Outlook emails based on text in From, To/CC/BCC, Subject, Body, Folder Name, Category

Enhance auto-tagging for Outlook emails. Allow rules that search for a string (or RegEx) in any of the following fields: From, To, CC, BCC, Subject, Body, Categories, and Folder. Also, store the item IDs for Outlook items, and then allow the user to re-run the auto-tag rules so that the rule could find and use each items current folder and categories.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open source version of manictime server for contribution

Wish to have the access pf the server version , in order to contribute with improvments and deploy plugins for every other ideas like csv import , server to client timeline, and so.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Minimum Hours for being counted present

Currently, Manictime server marks someone present if they have any time on the computer in a given day. However, it is not uncommon at our company for someone to log in to their computer via Remote Desktop for making arrangements for being OOO (specifically for sick leave).

It would be helpful to have a configurable minimum value that, if not exceeded, would indicate the person was absent for the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tags Groups/Categories

I would like to group some Tags together for some calculations. This could be done either by Grouping Tags to one Aggregating Tag, and thus allowing Tree-Like structure, or by placing Tags to certain Categories (Forest-Like structure).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import CSV to new timeline

Hey, i'd like to have a function to import a CSV file to a new timeline.

For example one could export all emails from one folder of thunderbird to a CSV file. This file would include subject, from, to, date time. After import to ManicTime each emails would be shown in an additional timeline with a configurable duration of x min.

Another example: Export the call log from your phone / PBX, with phone numbers, date, start, end time and import it to ManicTime.

Would be very helpful :-)

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set Reminders in Calendar

Not only recording the past, but also planning the future, i.e. plan tasks and set reminders to start. Later compare with the planned tasks.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Split Tagged Category and Add Across Other Tags

I use tags to keep track of time spent on billable projects during the day. I use other tags to track time spent on non-project specific tasks, that are still billable. I would like to be able to automatically split this non-project specific time across all billable projects for the day.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for Assigning Tags

The new 0-9 (or Ctrl-0 through Ctrl-9) tag shortcuts are great, but being able to arbitrarily assign any key as a tag shortcut would be even better: 'L' for Lunch, 'P' for Project 1, 'S' for Daily Stand-up Meeting.

Tag shortcuts are already the most efficient way to tag time. With easier to remember custom mnemonics, this powerful feature would also become one of the most accessible.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. open document from advanced search of application timeline

I would like to be able to search the Applications timeline (for words appearing in a web page title, etc.), find a web page I am looking for, right-click on that page, and then Open the associated URL in my browser. Right now an Open option appears on the right-click menu for the found items, but it is grayed out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to chose the old (non-flat) theme

A non-flat design with less saturated background colors would be really nice

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ManicTime Server - translations

I would love it, if it ManicTime Server would be available in other languages.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export tags to Google Calendar

Currently you can import Google Calendar events. I'd like to export tags to Google Calendar

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base