Feature requests

1. time in app

Display a small timer that live displays the amount of time spent in the foreground app for the given day/week/etc. Potentially integrated into existing 'mini window'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kevina9023@gmail.com

Add help text, a GUI, or similar to make regular expressions more discoverable and more easily used by users who are not advanced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ClickUp plugin

ClickUp has rapidly become one of the most versatile and well-loved project management and collaboration tools. https://clickup.com/

Would be great to be able to pull in tasks with their IDs just like the Jira plugin.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support tracking of document names in the Brave browser

I'm on Linux, and have installed the ManicTime tracker and the browser extensions for Firefox and Brave. However, the document titles only appear in the timeline when I am using Firefox. Brave usage only shows up in the Applications track.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. command line to exit the program

A command line option to exit the program would be helpful; that way I can automate backups even more.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ringcentral Plugin

Would love plugin for ringcentral or ability to import phone logs

It is one of the most popular phone systems and has an API.

Please

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Possibility for copy the notice

I have to transfer it to another Programm. I would like to copy all notices simple. Sometimes you habe 3 entrys with different notices. At the moment you have to copy I from every entry :-(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "treat sound as Active" exept some program

There is missing a very important thing in this option "treat sound as Active", there must be "except this programs" option. For example, some music apps didn't need to "treat sound".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix hour sheet calculation (currently double on scd. button press)

The hours in the hour sheet currently double on the second button press. Please fix this.
    (ver. 4.6.20.0 Professional)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restart manic after update

Twice now I have updated the desktop app and not had it restart until I rebooted or noticed it wasn't running. I caught it quick this time but the first time it was 3 days of lost tracking. If I have it set to start automatically with windows you would think restarting after an update would make sense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Workflowmax (Xero Practice Manager) Integration

Wokflowmax (also known as Xero Practice Manager) would be a great integration for professional service firms using it as their job managment and time recording software.

A great integration would include the regular syncing of:
    - Jobs and tasks (time codes) to Manictime so they can be selected to record time against.
    - Posting of time entries back to the relevant job and task in Workflowmax.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clio integration

All the lawyers I work with have loved ManicTime when I've shown it to them, but they aren't willing to switch to a program that isn't compatible with the systems they use at their firms. Clio, in particular, is very widely used, but the process for exporting time from ManicTime and into Clio is really clunky and time-consuming. Setting up that integration would open ManicTime up to a big universe of new customers.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Simultaneous filters

Is it possible to filter activities using more than one filter at a time? Right now, I can filter to show me everything I've done in Microsoft Word or Google Chrome, but I'd like to be able to go a step (or two or three) further and see everything in Word that I've tagged for a specific client or project.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Statistics for Custom autotagged timelines

Basically I utilize two autotagged timelines.

One is to collect if I'm working or doing something personal. The other one is responsible for keeping track of the projects. It would be great to see how many hours has been auto-tagged like work, or as something that belongs to a certain projects.

Unfortunately right now despite the data being available, the Statistics tab doesn't show it, and it seems impossible to create a new view for it.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Space to select entries/folders, left-right to collapse-expand folders

When checking the "Day" view, on the left bottom pane you can use Space to select properly. It select/deselects the highlighted line.

BUT on the right bottom pane Space behaves oddly. To be precise it selects/deselects the checkbox the focus is on, not the line which is highlighted.

... and when you introduce folders also the only way to expand/collapse it apart from clicking on the +/- before it is to focus on the +/- icon and push "Space".

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show billable/non-billable total time summary in Day tab summary

Currently, in the Day tab, you see the timeline in the top section and in the bottom section you see on the left a breakdown of the individual tags assigned in the order they were assigned with durations, and on the right, these same tags summarised into total duration for the period selected.
    Down in the bottom-right section's statusbar, it shows the total time for all tags which includes both billable and non-billable.

My request is that this statusbar total be modified to show total billable, total non-billable, as well as the total of these combined. This would make it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. youtrack

YouTrack plugin
    import issues as tag or comments from JetBrains YouTrack like jira plugin
    +Update time spent when issue id is entered in tag comment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use the same tag list for Tags and AutoTags

I almost always need to use the same set of tags for both manually tagging and auto-tagging, as auto-tagging will take care of applications and specific app titles or app title filters, but if I switch to more general apps like notepad/chrome/windows explorer in between the specific app, I still want to tag those apps under the same tag (say it's a project name for example). However currently the two lists are completely independent, and I have to create the same tag in both tag lists :(

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quick select toolbar

I have used ManicTime for several years, and I think it's the best time tracker on the market. There is one thing, however, that continues to frustrate me.
    The way the program works is perfect. However the amount of UI interaction required to do things is too high. For example:

When allocating times:
    - right click on the time block
    - choose 'tag activity as'
    - select activity (if on list, otherwise click 'add tag' and type text)

this may have to be repeated for 10 or 12 activity blocks suring the day

Likewise, the timer feature is great in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Statistics view - Save the columns order

In the statistics view, the columns order can be changed manually by dragging the columns left and right. Unfortunately, this ordering is not saved and must be done every time manic time is restarted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base