Feature requests

1. Vertical Timeline for Side of Screen

I think it would be really cool if the timeline could be represented vertically. This way, I could keep the MT window up on my screen at all times as a thin window on the sides. Think something along the lines using Windows Snap to split your screen, then making the ManicTime window very narrow. See screenshot. Like that, only timelines are vetical. Yeah. =)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto hide timeline

I have 8 timelines and some of them are not important or empty. Idea is on dropdown for timeline \/ allow some additional options like:
    1. shrink height or dissapear if necessary
    2. auto-hide if empty
    3. priority - always show
    Also, font should adjust if resized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integration with Slack

Would like to be able to see what channel I am posting to in Slack application. Right now it just says "Slack" so you don't really know what project that was for.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sub-Totals for Same Tag

For my time reporting, in some cases I need time broken down by tag-level-1, and in some cases by tag-level-2, this may also vary by phase of project, so after initial build, support tasks need more granular reports (tag level 2), but during build the time needs to be reported in aggregate (tag level 1).

To address this it would be great if a sub-total row for all items of the same level-1 tag was an option I could turn on.
    Workaround is to keep toggling tag level, (which relates to: http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/9913263-timesheet-basic-advanced-ui )

This ticket also would probably address my…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. google fit

Integrate with google fit so i can have lot's of detail about how my day is spent.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix for tracking internet 'documents' in Vivaldi browser.

Vivaldi is awesome forked project from Opera.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop watch

Could you add a little desktop window (floating) that could be displayed as permanent window on the desktop. The additional window shall display a selectable number of tags in a list (preferable those that are already pinned).
    When someone clicks an list item representing a tagged time it starts the stop watch, if i click again it stops the stop watch and inserts the expired time with the tag clicked. Using this method some clicks that i currently need to do to start the stop watch via task menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timesheet reports - highlight selection and calculate sum in status bar like Excel

This is me being lazy and generating a month report for example and clicking different entries for a total time of those highlighted entries.

After generating any type of report, I can either shift click a start and end point to multiple select or press CTRL and choose a number of different entries. It would be really good the total of this selection was calculated in the status bar, similar to Excel.

Screen shot of Excel of exported data for comparison of UI.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. read GMail labels as AutoTags

there is an obvious correspondence here

Perhaps there is some API to get the list of tags on the currently displayed thread or mail blotter

If so, then expose those within ManicTime in some way to match on selected ones via AutoTagging rule

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. If you forgot to name the working file/document

Add the ability to rename the selected files.

For example, I spent the whole day working in Photoshop, but forgot to call the document (by default it is called Untitled-1).
    I choose the right panel Untitled-1 line, click the right mouse button and click renames all Untitled-1 by desired mask.

It would be very convenient, I think.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Plugin to export to online invoicing service(s)

I'm guessing many of us use ManicTime because we bill customers based on time spent. I'd like to automatically generate online invoices based on ManicTime data.

Personally I'm a fan of Xero.com, though it's possible there are more QuickBooks and Freshbooks users amongst ManicTime users.

• Paul

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ignore 'all-day' and 'free' events on Google Calendar

I've just configured a Google Calendar timeline, and it's showing 'All-day' events, and events I have marked as 'free'. I'd like the option to hide events based on whether they're all-day, or whether I've said 'yes', 'maybe' or 'no', along with the usual 'busy'/'free'. Ideally I'd like to have only events that are not all-day and I've either said 'yes' to or marked as busy.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Timesheet should show untagged active time

I'd like to see all active time show on the timesheet as an option, even if it is not tagged

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display in UTC

I travel a lot to different time zones and need to change the Windows system clock's time zone when I do. The ManicTime timeline displays in local time (I presume) so as a result I end up with 'overlapping' activities in my timeline. I suspect the labels then also overlap and are not added.
    This would all be resolved if ManicTime would record and display in UTC.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tagging snapping at 5min

When you tagging it should be possible that they can snapp only at X minutes. For examples 5 Minutes or 15 Minutes.
    So that no Second or non rounded Mintues can be used.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Timesheet remember the previous rounding settings

I always use the following settings in the timesheet: enable rounding, to the near 0.25 minutes and never round to zero. Obviously everyone will prefer different settings, but most likely want to use the same rounding settings each time.

Any chance manic time could remember the most recently used timesheet rounding settings?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. timeline connector for SQL query

I understand there is a feature to construct a custom timeline by accessing some kind of XML data, but it would seem to be useful to be able to extract timelines from remote dbs via normal SQL.

(this could potentially be implemented on both the Desktop client and Server)

(this is a request I made in the old forums, just replicating it here for visibility:
    http://forum.manictime.com/yafpostst163timeline-connector-for-SQL-query.aspx#post576)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cisco PBX call tracking timeline

Record start/end time, number, name or other identifying information on a separate timeline

The Cisco system (and others, I'm guessing) have web portals (and hopefully APIs) for individual users to access their call records from a central place, but those would require authentication to a central system.

I was able to dial my attached phone from within Outlook and from a company web phone directory, a la Skype, though, so there is some sort of mechanism to control the physical phone itself from the desktop. Hopefully this control would also include the ability to read that phone's call log, rather…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base