Feature requests

1. Sum of active time shown on analytics/timeline

I review my employees time on web app screen analytics/timeline. I need to know the total activate time and look at the applications and files they had open. So it would be great to have the sum of active time to left or right of Computer usage bar

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Undo should be available at least until the next change is made

V 4.0 added the ability to undo, but it's like chasing a mouse! Miss that few-seconds window & it's gone. There are tons of comments asking for this on the idea where V4.0 is marked as complete, so I think it's not being seen how bad we want this! Please and thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding to the program types of user ( administrator / user)

• Possibility block the user from changing the program options

• Permit / block editing a selected timeline

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Document Timeline for Nitro PDF

We use nitro PDF instead of adobe. The applications timeline includes all the file detail but the files I open/read/markup don't appear in my document timeline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Define weekend day as a working day

We can define some working days as a work free. But there is no way to define weekend day as a working day. The way could be the same as work free days definition.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration to Webex Teams

Webex Teams is a widely used collaboration tool.
    Unfortunately Manictime currently is unable to distinguish between different conversations

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clickable URL hyperlinks in Notes

Allow putting hyperlinks to Notes.
    Make existing links in Notes clickable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Edit Entries and Tags from the Timesheet Window and to be Able to Set Entries as Billable

I rely greatly on the timesheet window to see what I have completed workwise. It would greatly benefit how I use ManicTime if I was able to edit entries and tags from within the timesheet window and to be able to set entries as billable from the Timesheet window as well

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to encrypt ManicTime Screenshots on client prior upload to Server to maintain privacy

When synchronizing data with manic time Server, all data (timeline, screenshot) etc. is available on manic time Server transparently to admins. This might be useful in some Environments. However, to us this means that we cannot protect our employee’s privacy when they synchronize with a corporate ManicTime server. If we had the option to encrypt content (especially screenshots) on the Client with a secret key only known to the employee’s manic time Desktop Instance (employee decides on which device he or she uses the key), we could protect the employees privacy and also provide the ability to synchronize multiple Clients…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Colours (Colors) for all tag levels on timeline

I think it would be great to be able to (optionally) show all tag colours at once.

eg, a slice tagged by Client1, #Client1-123
    could show 3 bands of colour (or three sub timelines?)

I just found the ability to skip the first tag when colouring, this is awesome! (but I have to go into every client and change that, which is what I do at the moment, but it would be nice to have a visual of the client as well as the issue number)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional features for Connectwise Plugin

Allow for status changes and marking as resolution for the ConnectWise plugin would allow me to almost never have to actually use ConnectWise

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Locking my Computer would pause a running timer

When running a timer sometimes i walk off for a cuppa :). Would it be possible that the timer pauses. Otherwise when I come back i have overlapping time.

When I leave my computer I always lock it. So could it be the following;
    1. Timer is running
    2. Computer locks which pauses timer
    3. Return and unlock computer (I get prompted for away time :)
    4. Timer continues for previous job or prompts if i wish to continue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would really like a screenshot playback like movie option from server to quickly review employee activity

I'm a consultant, and some of my clients use monitoring software. One of the features they want is the ability to view screenshots like a movie for a given user or workstation from the server. They run random audits where a supervisor comes into the office sits down with management at the server login and quickly runs through a few days of employee activity by watching the "movie" of screen shots.
    Would love to see this in ManicTime Server. If it were added I might be able to sell some clients on this solution.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. tags

Need a customization list feature for tags based on 1st, 2nd, third and fourth levels. Eg. 1st level are general and move to specific tasks on lower levels. Also, when tagging, for these tags to be listed in order of level for ease of use.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter shown issues in the ManicTime tagger with JQL

First of all: This is an amazing tool! I really appreciate your work.

Currently the Jira plugin configurator allow you to only filter shown issues by Projects and Issue Statuses. Sometimes I want to report time into issues that are not assigned to me, and if I select to show all issues, regardless of assignee, I get hundred thousands of issues. It would be nice if I could instead (or optionally) filter Jira issues with JQL in the Jira plugin setting window. That would offer a lot more freedom to the user to decide what Jira issues should be shown…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better JIRA integration and tag display

The JIRA plugin is really great, but also very slow when there are a lot of projects and issues. And I need to wait ~1 minute to re-scan the tags every time I create a new issue.

Can it have an option to only scan the projects I subscribed to?

Also, a lot of times, the issue titles don't fit in the 'tag picker' window, so I'm not sure what I actually clicked on. Please make it resizable!

Similarly, the 'Add tag' window has a very strange resize behavior, where at the maximum width the 'note' section and the 'tags'…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Jira Plugind does not show Issues/Tags if the issue is assigned to a Release/Version

If we assign a issue in Jira to a specific version/release it is not shown in the ManicTime tag selection through the Jira plugin.

Can you confirm that this is a bug?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dynamic tag shortcuts

Would love to see a shortcut that tags the selected block of time with the last tag used, i.e. the tag that's at the top of the "add tag" list.

I often go through my timeline to find the spots throughout the day where I was working on a particular project, and I tag each of these blocks of time as I go through. Instead of having to open the "add tag" window every time (press Ctrl+T, then click on the tag at the top of the list to copy it and the notes over to the left, then press…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto-tag based on other tags

For example I google ManicTime and click on the ManicTime website. I can tag the latter activity based on its URL, but how do I tag the former as "ManicTime, ~googling"? Sometime the keyword does not go into the title, so I can't use it to autotag. Both the document and application timelines are the same, so I can't use append tag. The absorb tag just has the same color of the activities in between in the timeline, not a tag that I actually want.

This is also useful when you want an autotag to be prioritized, that is no…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Ability to Specify Tag Beginning... Now.

Ideally I could hit a button to define what Im working on starting right then (eg Project A), and then hit the button a time later when I switch to something else (eg Project B) and so on with projects and lunch etc so that at the end of the day a complete profile would exist based on the projects I specified I was working on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base