Feature requests

1. Split Tagged Category and Add Across Other Tags

I use tags to keep track of time spent on billable projects during the day. I use other tags to track time spent on non-project specific tasks, that are still billable. I would like to be able to automatically split this non-project specific time across all billable projects for the day.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add auto tag feature to mac server

My time is always used in bits and pieces, which makes it hard to be tagged. But I use some specific applications quite often, and it's easier to tag by applications for me. I really like the auto tag idea, but servers on macOS seem to exclude that feature. Is it possible to add it to the mac server? Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. trigger screenshot shortcut

The ability to trigger a screenshot on demand.

Sometimes I need a screenshot of something in case I need to refer to it later, it would be good if this could be in manic time instead of having dozens of windows Snip tools open.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VSO/VSTS Integration

I noticed there is a Plug for Git. I would like plugins for VSO (cloud) and VSTF (on-prem) integration.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Track which Chrome profile is in use.

I use separate Chrome profiles for work and not-work. When I access a site like, "mail.google.com", I currently can't tell if it's for work or not. Having the added information about the Chrome profile would completely fix this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merge Documents/Application Timelines from different devices

Using multiple devices in my workflow, and having changed computers a few times, I now have multiple Timelines for Application and Documents and it's very cumbersome to calculate how much time I have spend on a specific file/folder. It would be nice to have the option to merge multiple inputs to a single timeline. I understand the risk and/or possibility of concurrency or superposition but having 11 timeline to search through separately make time reporting more difficult.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance Tracking Schedule : To be able to set time by 5 minutes

I want to set time of Tracking Schedule by 5 minutes to follow in-house rules.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Calendar for Work Time

Hi. in my company there are different work times depending on the weel day, i.e. Monday to Thursday from 8 to 18 and Friday from 7:30 to 14.

This also implies that the expected time is not 8 hours at day, is 8:30 from Monday to Thurdsay and 6 hours on friday, total 40 per week but is not 8 per day.

Not sure if there are more companies with this kind of schedule, for me seems interesting

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Skype Calls Timeline work again

Skype calls timeline doesn't currently work. It says "Skype database schema is not valid" when you try to add the skype timeline.

It would be great if Manictime could be updated to work with the new skype database structure.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Minimum Activity Duration - UPDATE/FIX

Currently the minimum activity duration does not work as a user would expect it.

Example:

I set it to 60 seconds.

I have Chrome open for 5 minutes, this all works good.
    I then have outlook open for 40 seconds
    I then have calculator open for 30 seconds.
    It will list that I have had calculator open for 70 seconds total when it fact that is incorrect.

My suggestion would be to keep it as the main application Google Chrome until I have had another application open for more than my specified time eg I have calculator open for more…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Compatibility through WineHQ

Afaic, ManicTIme is focused in Windows machines, with a tracker available for the other platforms. So someone on these other platforms can use the service (even though a bit cumbersomely compared to windows) even without a full port that we would like.

The hickup in this, is that if he wants to use the WIndows App (let's admit it is way more useful for individuals than the server web page) he has to launch a VM every time.

Having said these, understanding that a full port to other platforms can be costly for the ManicTime Team, I would like to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include Autotags in Statistics

Right now, the Statistics reports doesn't include Autotags - you have to copy autotags to regular tags in order to get them to show in Statistics. This is counterintuitive and not user-friendly: the whole purpose of autotags is to automatically tag certain activities, and not to include them in Statistics reports means those reports are inaccurate.

I have ALL my activities autotagged, and then monitor a statistics report to see how much time I've actually spend working as opposed to slacking off, surfing the web, etc. If I haven't put in enough time then I can decide to stay later.…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. screenshots from other computers

I can add different timelines from different computers of mine, using the same login on a ManicTime server.
    It would be great if it could download the screenshots from the ManicTime server so I can't have to open up the web interface to see screenshots (which I can't even view full screen of.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Button on Away window to mark that you weren't away

The Away screen is very useful, but sometimes shows up when I am not away.

Example 1: I am looking at the screen and thinking about something for a few minutes.

Example 2: I am on a VOIP phone call

I think it would be helpful if there was a button on the Away screen that said "I wasn't away".

If you clicked it, it would allocate the away time to last activity recorded.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show URL in the applications list

I'd like to see the URL in the application list. It currently only shows the title of the page, but when working on a ticketing system, it can always be the same title, but at least with the URL we can quickly search for ticket ID. It would also be nice if we could have a contextual menu (right-click) option to open the URL in the browser (like in the documents list).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Arc for iOS location tracking support now that the Moves App has reached EOL status

I was disappointed to learn today that Facebook is discontinuing the Moves App, as I've relied a lot on it to log my on-site service visits. I've found what I consider is a suitable substitute, the Arc App for iOS. I would really like to see support for this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cisco PBX call tracking timeline

Record start/end time, number, name or other identifying information on a separate timeline

The Cisco system (and others, I'm guessing) have web portals (and hopefully APIs) for individual users to access their call records from a central place, but those would require authentication to a central system.

I was able to dial my attached phone from within Outlook and from a company web phone directory, a la Skype, though, so there is some sort of mechanism to control the physical phone itself from the desktop. Hopefully this control would also include the ability to read that phone's call log, rather…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. read GMail labels as AutoTags

there is an obvious correspondence here

Perhaps there is some API to get the list of tags on the currently displayed thread or mail blotter

If so, then expose those within ManicTime in some way to match on selected ones via AutoTagging rule

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Configurable time intervals in Timeline view

Whilst it's currently possible to zoom in/out in the Day\Timeline view, you have to do this manually and it can be very granular so you can end up recording to the second.

I would like to see an option to be able to configure the default view e.g. 5min, 15min interval etc.

This would ease recording and categorising tags for organisations that have rules around minimum billable time, or minimum time recorded intervals e.g. 5 or 15mins particularly when auto-tagging may nto be appropriate

NOTE: workaround for recording time as whole mins can be found in this request "Tagging snapping…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base