Feature requests

1. Horizontal Scroll Wheel Support on Timeline

The horizontal scroll wheel on my mouse does nothing by the looks of it. It would be preferable to have this move the timeline window forward and backwards through the day

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to not show notes in 'Add tag' window

Every time I want to choose a tag, the previous typed notes are also saved to choose from (see attachment)
    I would only like to choose from tags. And then still I would like to use the notes field, but only to be saved for that specific activity.

Under settings, Display, you can choose not to show Notes in 10 recent tags drop down menu, and to not show them in summary in bottom right, but you can't remove them from Add tag window. A similar setting would be helpful in this window too.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Plugin for Redmine

Could be interesting to have a plugin for Redmine. Lot of companies are using Redmine as task management tool, including time tracking.

Import assigned tasks as tags from Redmine and export time tracking as spent time to Redmine could be very useful.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype for business plugin für locally installed Exchange server

As documented the Skype for business plugin only works with Office 365 and not with a locally installed Exchange server (http://support.manictime.com/knowledgebase/articles/1108099-skype-for-business-plugin). We want to push the usage of ManicTime in our company but therefore really want the Skype for business plugin working with our locally installed Exchange server.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Timesheet should show untagged active time

I'd like to see all active time show on the timesheet as an option, even if it is not tagged

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MySQL as a database backend

I would find it very helpful if manic time supported MySQL as a database backend.

In the environment I work in all of our backend systems already use MySQL and it would be much more convenient if Manic Time did too so that we could easily query data across our databases.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop manictime from deleting past screenshots if settings change accidentally

At the moment, the default settings for screenshots is "keep for 3 days". Sometimes, an installation/update can revert the settings to the default, which will automatically delete all screenshots older than 3 days. For me, it deleted over a year's worth of screenshot data as a result of an update. Fortunatelly, not all was lost as I had a backup of some of the data.

The system should include a test that if it needs to delete an unexpectedly large number of screenshots, it warns you in advance. The prompt could be something like "Manictime will delete X as a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto ignore auto tags smaller than X seconds

Sometimes, I have several project windows for different customers open at once.
    When I switch windows and get the wrong one, I switch again to the right one.
    It would be cool if the resulting auto tag could be ignored in the same way as gaps can be filled.

This could either be a global setting or a per-auto-tag setting.

Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Merge tags / autotags

I'm finding that I have lots of near-duplicate autotags in my system. I would like to clean this up by merging similar autotags, but there's no easy way to do this. Ideal workflow would be something like:

Select two tags.
    Click "Merge tags."
    Optionally update tag title.
    All rules from both tags now appear under the one remaining tag.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. conditional autotags

If would be incredibly helpful if the autotags could use conditional logic/rules. Some examples are:

I would like to append the autotag 'OvertimeRate' to anything in work tags that are matched between 7pm and 7am so I can bill at different rates.

I would like an autotag only be applied if Tag matching a specific word is not present. This way I will no longer have to spend time checking my timesheet for double billing.

Thank you for the great product.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open source version of manictime server for contribution

Wish to have the access pf the server version , in order to contribute with improvments and deploy plugins for every other ideas like csv import , server to client timeline, and so.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. record keyboard activity

As i do reports on a weekly basis and to be more precise on activity tracking , i tend to use manictime & a keylogger combination.
    it would be nice to have that feature to be integrated .
    the keylogging would have to be toggleable on demand

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to chose the old (non-flat) theme

A non-flat design with less saturated background colors would be really nice

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. screenshots from other computers

I can add different timelines from different computers of mine, using the same login on a ManicTime server.
    It would be great if it could download the screenshots from the ManicTime server so I can't have to open up the web interface to see screenshots (which I can't even view full screen of.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Chromebook Version

ManicTime Tracker for Chromebook.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Timesheet remember the previous rounding settings

I always use the following settings in the timesheet: enable rounding, to the near 0.25 minutes and never round to zero. Obviously everyone will prefer different settings, but most likely want to use the same rounding settings each time.

Any chance manic time could remember the most recently used timesheet rounding settings?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. visual studio

I see a plugin for Visual Studio. Can you please create plugins for Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, and Atom.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enhancing Tracking schedule: Capture activity if user is active even though outside scheduled timeframe.

Enhancing Tracking schedule: Capture activity if user is active even though outside scheduled timeframe.

This is useful because the user can then track their "normal" daily usage and be prompted when they are away but still capture their "extra" usage which is outside the normal working hours.

An example would be when a crisis occurs.

Normal I work from 9am to 5pm. I want to be prompted when there are time gaps in my day so I have set up a tracking schedule for 9am to 5pm. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY!

However, an emergency has occurred and I am now working…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WhatsApp Discussion Thread Visibility

Recently I've found that I'm spending a lot more time in WhatsApp (desktop app) for business reasons, but it's very difficult to tag as one has to examine the screenshot of each entry to determine who the conversation was with.

Would it be possible to build some sort of plugin that would reflect more details about the WhatsApp conversations, maybe who the conversation was with? I realise it's a different beast (I think WhatsApp Desktop is a Modern UI app), but I don't think it's going away.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base